PDA

View Full Version : Road angel ? ? ? ?

benny f gsi,n it
25-12-06, 06:43 PM
hey happy christmas to everyone, now its been xmas and iv come into a bit of money i was looking at getting a road angel and was wondering if they are worth the money?
any help appricated
Ben

peester
25-12-06, 09:27 PM
Deep breath.. If uve been caught, use the roads a lot; travel into unknown territory a lot and depend on driving/job/blah blah then yeah. Any model picks up Fixed cameras spot on (provding you update the unit regularly: free, usb into pc, 5mins, done.) If not, then all they do is get on your nerves and cost ?4 a month. As they dont pick up mobile/vans spot on. Nothing does, other than a diffuser.
Main thing to remember:
RA compact (?150aprx) wont pick mobile/vans up at all. With Laser add-on (?50aprx): only if being fired at by mobile/van (so u get sod all chance anyway)
RA Plus (?300aprx) has laser included so still only picks up mobile/van if being fired at by van.
Afaik there is an update available to add to the RA Plus, possibly to the RA compact too that has all popular/hotspot van sites stored, so it will now warn you in advance that a van MAY be there, but it may not be. And this is ONLY these 'regular/hotspot' places; so one day they might sit at a new or not-so-regularly-used location (that wont be stored on the unit) and the unit won't pick sod all up.
I could jabber on but im sure ur bored by now. I work at a halfords, so hopefully the guys at ur local store will be just as good if not better at explaining. lol.
Yes, ive had a little bit of a lonely christmas.. lol.

Jack
25-12-06, 09:42 PM
Why bother spending well in excess of ?150 buying a pointless gadget when the information is provided by each of the "safety" camera partnerships for free?

bump
25-12-06, 09:52 PM
I've got one of the Inforad devices. I't proved useful when venturing into new ground but most of the time i had it on for peace of mind if my speed was drifting in roadworks on motorways. Handy but there are better ways of spending cash.

Iain
25-12-06, 10:01 PM
I loaded all fixed speed camera sites and possible mobile speed camera sites on to my dad's TomTom. Works a treat, with warnings in advance, and also does navigation (obviously lol)
I'd recommend doing that. I found speed camera locations for free at pocketgpsworld (http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/) (although I think you now need to pay for them) and has been spot on everywhere I've used it.
Not much more money than a Road Angel too.

benny f gsi,n it
26-12-06, 12:51 AM
ok cheers for the help, might be a wise investment for me as i have 12 points on my licence and cant afford to get caught but i dont really do travling on motorways just want 1 that does van 1s and laser?
Ben

Jack
26-12-06, 03:13 AM
Bear in mind laser/radar detectors may well end up being illegal very soon...

slammed saloon
26-12-06, 11:44 AM
or just buy the road angel navigatior 6000 i have off me, used once still in box in immaculate condition. pm me if interested

benny f gsi,n it
26-12-06, 01:48 PM
pm,d

gary_1.2Merit
27-12-06, 06:48 PM
ok cheers for the help, might be a wise investment for me as i have 12 points on my licence and cant afford to get caught but i dont really do travling on motorways just want 1 that does van 1s and laser?
Ben

Should you not have lost your licence by now??? i thought that 12 points= ban/loss of licence? Am i wrong :S:S

draper
27-12-06, 06:58 PM
Should you not have lost your licence by now??? i thought that 12 points= ban/loss of licence? Am i wrong :S:S

under exceptional circumstances your allowed to keep your license, i had 15 on mine once

savs_redtop
27-12-06, 07:22 PM
Invest in a Big Brake conversion should help you stop before you earn yourself some more points.:thumb:

benny f gsi,n it
27-12-06, 09:12 PM
yer i had tollerance from courts as im a merchanic

andyrs1800
27-12-06, 09:53 PM
If you havnt sorted it I have a road angel compact for sale, after ?110 for it, cant take any less, its not got any free updates left so it will cost about ?4 per month by dd for the updates, but it does have a detector with it anywayz,

Its only for sale coz i need a sat-nav for work, :thumb:

benny f gsi,n it
28-12-06, 12:08 AM
pm,d