PDA

View Full Version : Electric Sunroof

tom_bish
25-12-06, 06:24 PM
This is not nova related but would still appreciate some help if possible.

Ive just bought a calibra and the electric sunroof is not working. I can hear the motor working when i press the buttons but nothing happens. Im thinking its come off the runners?? How do i go about sorting this problem? How hard is it to tackle?

Also im looking into getting a spring kit. Whats the lowest kit available? Ive found 40mm can you get lower?

Thanks Tom.

staggy_gsi
25-12-06, 06:42 PM
first thing to do is remove the cover from over the motor and try and work out what is moving and what isnt. you might get a better idea then.

craig green
26-12-06, 09:24 PM
Make sure you get good quality springs & dampers for the Cally, they arent light & the handling can be appauling if its soft & bouncy. Too much cheap tat on the market tbh.

Sounds like a cable is not engaged within the roof sliders.. tricky to fix as you need it open to get at it.

tom_bish
27-12-06, 11:25 PM
K thanks chaps. I think i will take down the roof lining as this doesn't look too difficult then maybe i will be able to see the problem.

Ive found a SPAX 50mm spring kit. Would this be a good idea?

craig green
28-12-06, 01:05 PM
SPAX springs likely OK but I doubt the std shocks will like it.

Adams nova
12-02-07, 08:20 PM
just bort a Vectra Electric sunroof pannel with motor switch and light and was just wondering if any 1 new of how 2 fit 1 or no a web site that i could get an diagram off of thanks Adam

BigStan
12-02-07, 08:33 PM
How easy is it to do to a nova then ?

Welsh Dan
12-02-07, 11:26 PM
RJ posted up some instructions from a magazine a while back. It doesn't look all that difficult to be honest.