PDA

View Full Version : GMax 60mm setup.....is it the best????

GTE TURBZ
24-12-06, 04:06 PM
Peep im looking to lower my gte in the new yr, ive looked at a lot of the feature cars on here which are lowered 60mm using the GMax setup or the AVO?s (springs and shocks) most commonly?..I?m gathering it?s a popular setup for a reason???????

Usage: The cars probably never gonna see a track, the occasion motor way but mainly bumpy back roads. What would be the best setup (Brand) to achieve best ride quality, I know its not gonna be easy with a 60 drop but nevertheless, what would you recommend????.

Is there an alternative to get the same look with maybe a less bumpy 40 mil drop???

VS: Your typical soft stars (think they?re called) i.e. Cav gsi wheels: 15?s 195 45?s (pro)

Iain
24-12-06, 04:22 PM
I think it's the most common as it's the cheapest. Therefore not the best by a long way.

Lee
24-12-06, 07:44 PM
good value for money, but not the best by a looong way. And coilovers wil shake your teeth out on country roads

Philsutton
24-12-06, 07:56 PM
depends how you set them up, if you higher them as far as they go and as soft as they go its very boat like

s14a
26-12-06, 06:10 PM
what would you lads consider the best setup forgetting about comfort and just thinkin about handling??

Nobby
26-12-06, 09:29 PM
i have the full 60mm gmax and i dont think its too bad!! ?100 notes brand new cant complain lol :D

L14MNP
27-12-06, 01:57 AM
I run the same as nobbyznova and i dunno, they crash over the smallest bumps/potholes on occasion, but on the whole are well behaved.

Hell, I aint complaining, ?30 I gave for them, they had only done 5K on my mates Corsa :D

GTE TURBZ
28-12-06, 11:27 PM
so the final verdict, would it be the ideal value for money looks the part setup:thumb: ,

Nobby
28-12-06, 11:28 PM
yes mate no problems about it!!

GTE TURBZ
28-12-06, 11:34 PM
can you get me a set for a 100 quids, how did you fit them do it yourself or got it done,

Nova_Tek
29-12-06, 01:12 AM
I've had a couple mates with a G-Max kit. Deffinatey affordable lowering kits but after having a ride in one of my mates cars it wasnt overly comfortable. As its always the way, the more money you spend generally results in a better ride & quality.

Unfortunately not all top quality spring manufacturers give us the drop we want, which is what im finding now that im looking for a spring set.

I have gone for the option of going for the top end of my budget as high as i can afford.