PDA

View Full Version : ?1200 is that reasonable? plus battery tray..

GTE TURBZ
24-12-06, 02:43 PM
Afternoon peeps and a happy xmass eve, just a quicky on your thoughts?..Ive been quoted 1200 on a complete external respray (including laquer) and blending in the inner parts hence not a complete strip down. Is that reasonably?

Also, ive got a hole in the battery tray and its pretty rotten, so was wondering is there a battery tray panel you can buy and weld in or a random plate welded in jobby??

Also the body shop guy said the dash has to come out when welding that section as the wires underneath may get burnt. Is there wires directly underneath the battery tray and got no chose but to take the dash out or can I get away with it????

Have a Merry Xmass guys an gals??.

Saloony
24-12-06, 02:49 PM
Sounds like he's doing a proper job fella. You can pay anything in-excess of 2k for a job now fella.

Jack
24-12-06, 02:56 PM
See if you can find some other people who have been there for resprays and take a look at their cars, or at least ask to see examples/pics of his previous work.

GTE TURBZ
24-12-06, 03:38 PM
Sorry forgot to mentioned he sprayed my previous nova which came out gleaming hence decided to go with him, other peep quoted me alot cheaper but its a gamble when you havent seen the work, plus im gathering in order to be able to quote a cheaper price, they must be cutting corners somewhere and i didnt want a case of, you get what you pay for.

Thanks for the advise, any advances on the battery tray issue

Ste L
24-12-06, 04:30 PM
can get a weld in panel for the battery tray

Benn
24-12-06, 09:27 PM
yes theres a very good price if he does a good job,

coombsey
24-12-06, 10:00 PM
where you from i know a good welder in bham

Mazz
24-12-06, 10:31 PM