PDA

View Full Version : hazard switch + indicator relay

Anonymous
10-06-01, 11:10 PM
Firstly, i plan to do the hazard switch mod, but i cant remeber how to, i no its a diode but what one, and which wire.

secondly, ive just installed an 8v digidash, everything works, but while engine is running, the indicator relay clicks on and off and buzzes, if the indicators or hazards r put on it stops, is this bcos of the hazard switch hasnt had the mod done??? it happens when the engine is on, the car dosent have to be in m,otion, just when the engines running, if the ignition on, it dosent happen

Anonymous
11-06-01, 12:57 PM
dont think it should do tat and i dont think the hazard mod would stop it sounds like u got somin wired the wrong way ive just done the digidash conversion everythin works but i cant get the handbrake light to work i joined the brown and white still didnt work then joined the brown white/brown redn on the nova loom to the brown and white on the astra plug and it still didnt work and ideas ive checked the bulbs to

Anonymous
11-06-01, 04:25 PM
tha handbrake wire is brown with a white stripe on the nova loom, it runs along from the handbrake, along the front mounting pkaces for the passangers seat and into the loom above the sill. could it be broken?

Anonymous
11-06-01, 06:56 PM
You need a diode in the black wire to the hazard swich, so you get power to the switch when the ignition`s on, but you can`t feed power back up the switch. I`d do the head unit black as well to be on the safe side!

Anonymous
11-06-01, 11:01 PM
Ill check the wiring, but i am almost certain it is correct, i have taken two feeds from the indicator stalk, black green and black white i think they were. What do you do with the old wire that went to the old dash to show the tell tale?

What rating diode do I have to use? or any part code for maplins would be extreemly helpful.

Anonymous
12-06-01, 07:35 PM
SOLUTION!

well, i ran two wires from the indicator stalks, as the digital dash has a left and a right, this left the un used black/white wire from the old nova dash, it just so happens that the colour wire i used for the speed sender was black, and one black with white stripe to, so the negative wire from the speed sender was connected to the old nova indicator warning telltale, so there you have it

cheers guys

BUT! - stil havent done the security mod, i have a diode with a silver stripe on one end, which way round does it go?

Anonymous
12-06-01, 07:49 PM
The strip goes closest to the strip I think, try the indicators while holding the diode in place before soldering it to make sure.

Anonymous
12-06-01, 07:49 PM
The strip goes closest to the "switch" I think, try the indicators while holding the diode in place before soldering it to make sure.

Anonymous
13-06-01, 12:13 AM
diode stripe means positive i think?... so put to the positive bit

Anonymous
13-06-01, 05:56 PM
yep that strip is the cathode(positive) and wire up as rich says, make sure its rite diode cos if wrong way round and not rite diode they blow up very easy and the mod wont work.
you need diode to switched live wire. (should i have posted that? oh well)

[-dave_hay.jpg-]
Dave_Hay@novaload.org.uk
Dave_Hay5@hotmail.com