PDA

View Full Version : 2 Brake or not 2 Brake ?

Anonymous
12-06-01, 09:35 AM
I bought some clear rear clusters off my m8 last night, and promptly fitted them. Now my brake lights don't work, when I turn my lights on the brake lights come on as well, including my extra brake light on my spoiler. And when I brake nothing happens. If I turn my lights off and brake nothing happens either. Its really dangerous coz someone's gonna smack me up the Arse !

All the wires, plugs and bulbs are the same as the they were before, all I have changed is the plastic outer housing !!!

Any Ideas ?

;)Never be afraid to try anything new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals built the Titanic !;)

Anonymous
12-06-01, 09:39 AM
I think its got something to do with the earth wire, if it had come off or dislodged could it cause this ?

;)Never be afraid to try anything new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals built the Titanic !;)

Anonymous
12-06-01, 11:59 AM
its nore than likely a bad earth. also check yer brake pedal switch, they are buggers for going iffy!! ive had 2 go in 2 years

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
12-06-01, 09:04 PM
If you only put the clear lenses on but retained the original wiring and bulb unit, then there is a problem with that.

Just have a good fiddle!

Anonymous
13-06-01, 07:53 AM
Have you put the brake light bulbs in the wrong way?

For sale 2.0 8v nova ?2500 ono. :(

Anonymous
13-06-01, 10:38 AM
sorted it, it was a fault with one of the bulbs which was screwing up the whole thing, I replaced the bulb and it was fine.

Cheers everyone.