PDA

View Full Version : looking at a replacement nova

chimp007_uk
23-12-06, 11:13 AM
right...

after thursday nights problems, and now the lack of a car... i'm going to look at getting a 1.2i mk nova spin in glacier white. it's located in volverhampton, bit of a trek but going to have a look.

1993 K reg VAUXHALL NOVA 76,000 miles Manual Petrol one owner from new,good reliable car 12 months mot taxed till march 07 ,ideal for newly passed drivers cheap tax and insurance.

?350 o.n.o.

with the claim going to be against my name i'll drive it round a for a bit and then look at dropping a gte lump in it. hopefully i might be able to keep my engine, but going to report it to the insurance today and claim, so fingers crossed i can and they don't say they want to keep the whole car...

bit slow on the reporting, but spent all of yesterday in a&e in st. albans, then a&e in watford last night. woke up with pins and needles and tingling in my right arm and leg... after several hours they said i have no spinal injuries just bad wiplash and a bruised sternum.

anyway, what sort of price should i be looking to pay?

thanks
chris

chimp007_uk
23-12-06, 11:17 AM
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e229/chimp007_uk/nova.jpg

studaman21
23-12-06, 11:20 AM
most insurance companys let you buy your car back at scrap value so it saves them a job. go for it mate and while youre getting the no claims with the 1.2 strip and rebuild the gte engine

Mike
23-12-06, 11:29 AM
most insurance companys let you buy your car back at scrap value so it saves them a job. go for it mate and while youre getting the no claims with the 1.2 strip and rebuild the gte engine

they do indeed, i bought mine back for ?30, a K reg SR lol

Wolverhampton ehh, lock your doors matey, this be bandit country ;) lol

draper
23-12-06, 12:58 PM

tis true, i stoppd at some traffic lighs and by the time they turned green my car was on bricks lol

scott.parker
23-12-06, 01:06 PM

lol i dont know you are ment to say,no where i live its lovely,but no you try frighten people off...

Scott

Mike
23-12-06, 04:32 PM
lol i dont know you are ment to say,no where i live its lovely,but no you try frighten people off...

Scott

where i live is very VERY nice, its just the other side of wolvo, the actually wolvo city side like

i live on the other side, nearly staffordshire tbh lol

chimp007_uk
23-12-06, 05:44 PM
nova is still there

needed a bit of tlc, but not a bad car... ?300 i got him down to 12months mot. parents have lent me my old 306 tdurbo that i sold to them back in april when i bought the gte.
going to look for a got nova from now till summer. anyone?

Adam
23-12-06, 09:19 PM
Keep the 306 TD.... Lol

chimp007_uk
24-12-06, 12:41 AM
it's tuned to 110bhp, induction kit, straight through powerflow system with avo's on the rear. nice car, but handles nothing like a nice nova :(

went and looked at another nova tonight, listed as immaculate... what can i say, lies, it's all lies

Adam
24-12-06, 12:59 AM
When they say "good condition for age"
that usually translates to fcuked and wont pass another mot,Lol.