PDA

View Full Version : c20xe manifold

atokley
22-12-06, 05:25 PM
Im after a good manifold for my c20xe nova.

I have contacted SBD and they want ?450 for a stainless manifold with 2.5inch collector (type c).

Does anyone know of any companies that arn't as dear as SBD but still good quality? websites?

Thanks!

Ste L
22-12-06, 05:26 PM
what other mods have you done to the engine...

if its standard, i'd just use the standard one

H15 NVA
22-12-06, 05:29 PM
think ashley do a big bore conversion manifold for xe novas, is mild steel thou but quite cheap

Stoo
22-12-06, 05:31 PM
TBH the SBD one is well worth the money, even on a std engine gains are good!!

Think yoiurself lucky you aint got a DC5, mine was 1100 plus Vat form Toda in Japan!!!!

atokley
22-12-06, 05:41 PM
what other mods have you done to the engine...

if its standard, i'd just use the standard one

required headwork, cat cams, arp rod bolts, unichip etc....

The standard manifold even strangles a standard engine, its a hi-torque manifold and the primaries are smaller than the ports on the head......

atokley
22-12-06, 05:44 PM
TBH the SBD one is well worth the money, even on a std engine gains are good!!

Think yoiurself lucky you aint got a DC5, mine was 1100 plus Vat form Toda in Japan!!!!
I know SBD are quality but i was just looking for something else thats good quality but without such a big name, hopefully a bit cheaper than! just havent got that much money to pump into the nova at the min as trying to save for something faster as my daily driver, and use the nova as a track car

And i know what you mean about the price of stuff for jap cars, used to have a crx vtec with b18c, toda throttle boddies, mugen manifold, jun cams etc.....
not cheap to modify!

scott.parker
23-12-06, 03:33 AM
Well.....i happen to have sat in my garage a HUGE (it realy is massive) BTB manifold that i bought ages ago to fit on my nova,but the f*ckers that sold it me Cossvaux the ripp off ass holes!! they sold me the manifold telling me it was for nova xe conversion,but its actualy for a astra mk3 but it woould fit with some fiddling etc,but im lazy so bought a second hand SBD item insted lol So if you want to chop it about i might be willing to part with it for the right sum..

Scott

atokley
23-12-06, 11:01 AM
Well.....i happen to have sat in my garage a HUGE (it realy is massive) BTB manifold that i bought ages ago to fit on my nova,but the f*ckers that sold it me Cossvaux the ripp off ass holes!! they sold me the manifold telling me it was for nova xe conversion,but its actualy for a astra mk3 but it woould fit with some fiddling etc,but im lazy so bought a second hand SBD item insted lol So if you want to chop it about i might be willing to part with it for the right sum..

Scott
sounds good to me scott, you couldn't pm me a piccy and a ballpark figure could you? is the outlet size 2.5inches? 4-2-1?

Does anyone know how much chopping about a astra mk3 manifold would need to fit an xe nova? is it just a case of choping down the outlet (biggest single pipe)???

Thanks

Andy