PDA

View Full Version : cant get my sri running!!

alan b
21-12-06, 11:28 PM
:confused: right in the process of puting sri engine into my nova, have the engine, loom and petrol tank siting on a bench and its turning over but wont start there is spark, and the fuel pump is working but theres no pressure in the rail, which one is fuel in? is it the one with the vaccum off the inlet manifols or the other one? also the box is an f10 are they good? or is the sr one better? i also have a c16se ecu hanging round would puting in that ecu make a difference? or what if a just changed the chip at the back? cheers!

stafford
21-12-06, 11:31 PM
fuel in is the one which goes striaght into the rail. i had that problem

stafford
21-12-06, 11:36 PM
i think of gear boxes f10 is a low ratio and f13 is a bit higher and f15 is higher im running an f15 its a bit high ratio really depending on wat driving you do goes with the box e.g. if you do alot of motorway milage use an f13 but the f10 is good tho.

Riggy
22-12-06, 12:03 AM
as said the inlet is the one that goes striaght to the rail , the e16 ecu wont work mate so you can use it

what loom are you using for it , as the std nova sri loom is a complete loom so will be a full loom swap to get it working

best bet would be to get a corsa or astra 1.4mpi engine loom as they are seperate and will make an easy swap

alan b
22-12-06, 12:19 AM
well its got a 1.2 i loom in the car at the moment coud i just modify that? are the astra looms with the dizzy packs the same? mite make it bit easier

Riggy
22-12-06, 12:23 AM
right use you 1.2i loom but also get a astra or corsa mpi engine loom

dizzy or coilpack , depends what you have if you have dizzy then you need a dizzy one and also get the fuel pump from the astra or corsa aswell

alan b
22-12-06, 12:35 AM
are all sris external pumps? cos there was on this one. i have distributer not dizzy pack. problem is im in ireland an gettin multipoints are rare enough!! i no where theres astra but it has a electonic ignition will that loom work?

Adam
22-12-06, 12:42 AM
Fook, double post.

Adam
22-12-06, 12:46 AM
Yeah all sri's are external pumps.

Have you checked the fuel pipes?

All vauxhall injection engines have electronic ignition, or do you mean DISpak?

alan b
22-12-06, 01:13 PM
ya no it has a distributer like!! ya fuel is getting to the rail just no pressure could the injectors be stuck? or does that happen??