PDA

View Full Version : grinding noise

Anonymous
10-06-01, 02:48 PM
i get a grinding noise from the front of my car when i go round a right hand bend fast. my car is a g-reg gte

Anonymous
10-06-01, 03:18 PM
what wheels / tyres have you got on it?

Anonymous
10-06-01, 03:57 PM
id say cv joint, or wheel bearing!

Anonymous
11-06-01, 10:11 AM
Definately your wheel bearing. I had exactly the same intermitent problem on mine. I replaced the front passenger side wheel bearing and the noise has gone completely and everything is working fine.
To test if your bearings are knackered, jack the car up, (dont undo any of the wheel nuts). Then grab the wheel one hand each side and to "waggle" it from side to side, if it moves backwards and forwards at all
thats a sign that your wheel bearing is knackered. If knackered it will need to be replaced as it is dangerous.
And yes it is a hard job and you will special tools to remove the circlips and drive the old bearing out and drive the new one in. New wheel bearing for mine was ?19 trade price. Hope this helps ;)

Anonymous
11-06-01, 10:58 AM
not side to side as the steering will move, do it top to bottom as there is nothing that can move this way apart from bearing

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---

Anonymous
11-06-01, 11:19 AM
i was lazy and got some knuckles from a scrappy. i made sure they were decnet bearings. its much easier. :D:D

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
11-06-01, 12:07 PM
christ m8 !!! u need new wheel bearings son the same happened to me on a right also i have a nova sport slaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag!!! rally slag!!

Anonymous
12-06-01, 12:13 AM
cheers guys i'll get it sorted