PDA

View Full Version : a few problems with my nova

greg1.4
20-12-06, 09:02 PM
i bought a 1.2 carb nova a while back but my sister was running it on the road till she got her new car but anyway i just got it back and noticed a few things wrong with it. The nova will be my first car so want everything fixed and a good wee reliable motor. I noticed there is a banging noise when i move the steering wheel from side to side quickly? any ideas of what that could be? Both wheel bearings are nackered as there is a hell of a droning noise when driving? Can i buy wheel bearing kits? I need a new headgasket supposidly. Is this a big/hard job? also when you go round right corners the oil light comes on in the dash. And before anyone asks, yes it has plenty of oil in it! Another thing is the lights wont flash. If i turn them on i can go from dip to full beam but cant pull them back and flash the lights? what could this be? any help will be much appreciated. Thanks
Greg

bigbened
20-12-06, 11:10 PM
you can buy wheel bearings, a head gasket is only hard if you dont know what your doing. Try filling up your brake fluid to stop the warning light coming on

coombsey
20-12-06, 11:29 PM
front wheel bearing lit is 14 pound plus 5:90 postage off ebay 1 of the shops the rears are 5:99 plus 6:99 postage again from 1 of the ebay shops i paid 18 quid from a shop or from a shop bout 20 for front and 16 for rear as for the niose from the steering is it the track rod ends does the actuall wheel move side to side when you shake it?? there bout 8 quid from shop but you will have to have the tracking done by a garage thats about 20