PDA

View Full Version : astra gte

chimp007_uk
19-12-06, 11:23 PM
hi all,

i know an astra gte isn't a nova... but looking to get a fully road rally prep'd one. and sell on the nova :cry:

Vaxhall Astra GTE MK 2 Road Rally Car 8 Valve in White - G reg. Safety devices cage, 2 new Sparco FIA approved seats, 2 new Luke 4 inch harnesses with aircraft type release FIA approved, Navigators foot rest with internal light switch, Plug for potti, New Fire extinguisher, Circuit innovations clock. Sump Guard, new back Box, New front disc's with Mintex 1155 pads, Stiffened engine mounts, Hella 3000 spots, 4 Audi wheels with new AO35's 4 GTE wheels with Part worn Bridgestone chunkies, MOT and Tax On the button ready to go. ?1850.

whats peoples opinions of the 2litre 8v enignes and astra gte's in general???

thanks all
chris

Lozzie C
20-12-06, 11:07 AM
I really like Astra GTEs, I haven't driven one before but I do think they look the part :thumb:
Sounds like you've got everything sorted out! Have you got the car for it or are they only plans at the moment until you get the car?

craig green
20-12-06, 11:51 AM
Astra GTE's are wicked. Ive had 2 16v's and tbh they are a much better car than a Nova. I have found them easier to drive fast & the steering & braking is far more precise. 8v chassis is different though so I may only have valid comments for the 16v.

chimp007_uk
20-12-06, 04:01 PM
thats a car for sale, in south wales. going to call the guy today. fingers crossed. although other than the cage, the one in my nova being a 4point, mine will be the same spec. hmmmmmmm... 2litre 8v - 1.6litre 8v

Matt2107
20-12-06, 04:12 PM
Absolutely love the mk2 astra GTE.

LUV2XLR8
20-12-06, 05:50 PM
go for it fella, ive hered they arnt too good at handleing, but ive seen loads out on rallyies so the fella must have bullcraped me!
buy a deawoo thinginy that looks just like the astra mk2 lol

BIGS
20-12-06, 07:48 PM
I bought one a while back and thought it was a great car. Nice to drive and was really good sitting postion. Shame i only bought it for the engine. Bit of a waste really.

chimp007_uk
20-12-06, 09:44 PM
shame on you... i'm looking into it :)

dannyb
21-12-06, 10:55 AM

I like the idea od buying a Daewo nexia and rotten mk2 GTE donor car. Will all the oily bits fit onto the Daewoo? If that was the case, it would give me a fairly rust free 1997, P reg mk2 GTE....

craig green
21-12-06, 04:46 PM
go for it fella, ive hered they arnt too good at handleing, but ive seen loads out on rallyies so the fella must have bullcraped me!

Most people came up with that decision based on trying a ropey, poorly serviced 100k beater. They are awesome but like most Vauxhalls they do need a decent suspension package to exploit the full potential. They do lift-off oversteer nicely (16v's do anyway) & from the factory the 14" rims & tyres dont do enough to hold the car on the road IMO.

But in std trim a 16v GTE will keep most people entertained & you can still keep up & annoy most new so-called hot hatches. Civic type R's, new mk5 Golf GTI etc arent hardly any quicker.

www.astra-mk2.com (http://www.astra-mk2.com) excellent site.:thumb: