PDA

View Full Version : rocker cover

acnova
19-12-06, 10:46 PM
ive just got a gte engine fitted but my car is still down as a 1.2 lol and as you might know it says 1.6 injection on it. I have a rocker off a 1.6sv engine but it has an extra piece on the left side for a hose. Will this fit straight on and will that just be an extra breather on it ?

R1CH
19-12-06, 11:34 PM
Just sand the 1.6 sticker off !! Or do it propperly and put it down as a 1.6 on the log book you dodgy f*cker !!
If you ever have an accident or a claim, your insurance will become void !!

Rich

Adam
20-12-06, 12:42 AM
Don't really matter about the rocker cover, you can still the biig "16" on the head and block, and the engine code.

Matt2107
20-12-06, 11:54 AM
ive just got a gte engine fitted but my car is still down as a 1.2 lol and as you might know it says 1.6 injection on it. I have a rocker off a 1.6sv engine but it has an extra piece on the left side for a hose. Will this fit straight on and will that just be an extra breather on it ?

I'm sorry to say this and it might seem harsh but anyone who is driving a car with an engine transplant that hasn't notified the DVLA is a GIMP and anyone stupid enough to announce it on a public forum is a TOOL.

This makes me sooooooo angry as if someone crashed into my pride and joy (bit hard when its in the garage... but go with me on this) and it turned out their insurance was void because of the above I literally would beat seven shades of ****e out of them.

Riggy
20-12-06, 12:01 PM
I'm sorry to say this and it might seem harsh but anyone who is driving a car with an engine transplant that hasn't notified the DVLA is a GIMP and anyone stupid enough to announce it on a public forum is a TOOL.

This makes me sooooooo angry as if someone crashed into my pride and joy (bit hard when its in the garage... but go with me on this) and it turned out their insurance was void because of the above I literally would beat seven shades of ****e out of them.

:thumb:

acnova
20-12-06, 05:57 PM
Ha Ha yeah watever but you are all in england were you can do that kind off thing. Insurance companys over here are a joke. I cant even get my car nct'd cos i have no door handles. I say f u c k the system they being screwin me for long enough. Anyway im gettin it log as a carvan in the new year so i dont need an nct and get cheap insurance on the 1.6

rc
20-12-06, 06:29 PM
i did the same thing with the rocker cover on my gsi because i wanted a smooth rocker cover instead on the old looking ribbed one! i just connected a hose to the extra out let and blanked it off with a bung! but i spose you could use one of those mini filter things too!

Martin
20-12-06, 07:30 PM
nct'd??

Probs wont insure you coz that cardboard looking bonnet scoop could come ofand kill someone, or havent you told them about the kit?

acnova
20-12-06, 08:15 PM
i did the same thing with the rocker cover on my gsi because i wanted a smooth rocker cover instead on the old looking ribbed one! i just connected a hose to the extra out let and blanked it off with a bung! but i spose you could use one of those mini filter things too!

Cheers man will do that :thumb:

Adam
20-12-06, 08:19 PM
nct'd??

I think thats equivalent to our MOT.

Your car wont pass mot here without door handles, as there a legal requirement, unless you fit hidden buttons to open them.

acnova
20-12-06, 08:21 PM
nct'd??

Probs wont insure you coz that cardboard looking bonnet scoop could come ofand kill someone, or havent you told them about the kit?

Tell them about the kit lol thats a good one its down as a bog standard blue nova valued at 1500 euro you's just dont seem to understand how insurance companys work over here the dont cover ya for jack s h i t so thers no point in telling them. The just wanna charge ya mad money like my mate is 20 prov. licence 5700 euro on a 1 ltr micra :roll: And about the scoop each to der own bud just cos you wanna keep it "standard" or can ya just not afford to do up ur nova :p

acnova
20-12-06, 08:25 PM

Your car wont pass mot here without door handles, as there a legal requirement, unless you fit hidden buttons to open them.

Thought you might say that the dont even let ya do that cos its not a "factory modifaction" there a bunch of w a n k e r s its change the doors r nutin with them not even a few quid in the ashtray can swing itlol

rc
20-12-06, 08:28 PM

mine passed here with no door handles?? through two years mot's! they did have to ring me the first year on how to get in lol

rc
20-12-06, 08:30 PM
And about the scoop each to der own bud just cos you wanna keep it "standard" or can ya just not afford to do up ur nova :p

best argument ive heard! think i'll use that when im under fire next lol

Adam
20-12-06, 08:45 PM
mine passed here with no door handles?? through two years mot's! they did have to ring me the first year on how to get in lol
How did they get in?

rc
20-12-06, 09:07 PM
tvr style buttons under the mirrors! they didnt think to look there lol

rednova
20-12-06, 11:47 PM
will pass an mot with no handles as long as there is a mechanical way of getting into the car - tailgate etc, its been discussed before so i wont go on

craig green
21-12-06, 10:23 AM
Some nice text typing in this thread!

Just go to a scrapyard (breakers) & find an OHC rocker cover off a mk3 Astra or something.

Or fill in the 1.6 bit (assuming GTE rocker) with Chemical metal, smooth it off & spray it.

Matt2107
21-12-06, 10:30 AM
I say f u c k the system they being screwin me for long enough.

The Law's the law.

If you don't like it then move!

alan b
22-12-06, 12:44 AM
i feel this lads pain from south of ireland me self and insurance is a joke here. an ya so you dont like his bonnet vent you dont have to have it on your car so be quiet!! plus think this car was in an irish car mag so slagging aside its a nica car!!