PDA

View Full Version : MYSTERY NOISE HELP!!!

Anonymous
09-06-01, 10:12 AM
when i start my car i can hear this noise like a ticking i first thought it was my lifters but as soon as you pop the bonnet the noise has gone its only when u close all the doors and windows its seems to be coming from the passengers side footwell near where the servo links to as soon as i rev it gets faster and when the revs drop so does the noise its funny cause as i said as soon as u open the door u cant hear it u gotta av everythin shut and the engine running its like an exhaust pinkin like tink tink etc it cant be the engine can it cause if it was i whould be able to hear it when i put my ear in the engine bay and listen to the noise but as soon as i do tat its gone help its doin my head in it just started doin it the past few weeks oh and its not the clock b4 any1 says tat cheers

Anonymous
09-06-01, 06:41 PM
exhaust system maybe??

Anonymous
10-06-01, 09:28 AM
bin under the car its not the exhaust

Anonymous
10-06-01, 01:12 PM
had a similar problem on mine. It turns out that it was the spring flap in the air filter cover ( the frying pan one). If u look at the box where it sits over the exhaust manifold, inside that bit theres a flap which controls the cold/warm air mix (or something like that). It might be that thats knackered...

HTH

Anonymous
10-06-01, 01:26 PM
Have u got any filters on your carbs? I used to be able to hear the valves opening and closing when I didnt have any filters on. You cant hear it unless you are inside the car and reving it, or under load. You have got 40`s aint ya?

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)\

Whoopass! :D

Anonymous
10-06-01, 05:37 PM
yer i got 40's wat ill av to do is take the sponge filters off and see if i can hear when im in the engine bay cause as i said u cant hear it when ur in the engine bay its only when ur in the car and everythin is shut

Anonymous
11-06-01, 03:35 AM
I had similar prob, but the clip on petrol tank for the handbrake cable had broke and it was tinkgling on the exhaust!
Funny thing is, the funny sound is back, but its not that making the noise, its like i high pitch rattle, i think it maybe the 2 prongs for removing the stereo, hhmm, now where did i hide them???????

:)
D1cko

Anonymous
11-06-01, 09:10 AM
With or without filters, I couldn`t hear it in the engine bay, only when driving it.

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)\

Anonymous
11-06-01, 10:57 AM
it's only doing it when your in the car??
try getting a mate to sit in the drivers seat so the car thinks your in it and makes the noise

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---

Anonymous
11-06-01, 12:52 PM
lol tryed it its a clever git my car i can hear it when only in the car its well wierd but the funny thing is when i rev it gets faster and when the revs drop its drops wiv um so it cant be nothing tappin anythin like the exhaust cause it wouldnt get faster as i rev

Anonymous
11-06-01, 01:24 PM
When I took all the sound deadening and carpet out of my car I could hear it even more. Its because the 40`s are such a direct route and so close to the valves.

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)\

Anonymous
11-06-01, 03:52 PM
yer but the funny thing is it never used to do it its just started suddenly and i aint changed nothing or put anythin on