PDA

View Full Version : waxing obsession

kronk10
18-12-06, 08:01 PM
I think i may have a problemlol how many times do people wax there car??? I think i may do it abit to often, to put it into a perspective i NEVER wash my car NEVER (thats how clean it is). The only water that touches my car is rain waterlol i just finsihed waxing it in the dark and yesterday i waxed it and the day before i gave it two waxes!!! I must wax my car every day almost? give or take a couple of days. The reason why i waxed it tonight is because i was going to pick my girlfreind up and the car reall shines when its dark and bright lights are on it. Iam so so sad:wtf: Anyway might go out later and do some fancy night pics with the camera anyone got any tips hints on how to get a good night picture or a really nice pic in any condition.:thumb:

Adam
18-12-06, 08:04 PM
I dont bother waxing mine often, Lol.
No point on white paintwork as it has no shine at all.

Maybe if it was a red or black car it would be worth it.

kronk10
18-12-06, 08:11 PM
I dont bother waxing mine often, Lol.
No point on white paintwork as it has no shine at all.

Maybe if it was a red or black car it would be worth it.

Yeah there is no shine really but when its dark and theres bright lights it deffo shines. I think i might have a obsessive compulsion disorder thingy cus when i start cleaning something small i cant stop myself till its perfect and end up doing the whole of the car:confused:

Stanley
18-12-06, 08:13 PM
I used to wax my Red Nova ALLLL the time.

As soon as we had a good slot of weather, the Neguires would come out!!

Love having a SHINY car!

kronk10
18-12-06, 08:14 PM
I used to wax my Red Nova ALLLL the time.

As soon as we had a good slot of weather, the Neguires would come out!!

Love having a SHINY car!

Red is lush when its shiny but can fade really bad if left

Novasport
18-12-06, 08:54 PM
My mate had a black D plate SR, he polished it that much it went thru to the primer!!!

Area51Nova
18-12-06, 09:04 PM
My mate had a black D plate SR, he polished it that much it went thru to the primer!!!
lol HaHa. Machine polishers are really bad if you keep them in one place. Dont buy one!

Jack
18-12-06, 09:19 PM
Some of my associates on CCUK take their cleaning and detailling to a serious level, fanatical almost.

I've not given mine a good meguiars-ing for a while, but its in depserate need of it.

novaco
18-12-06, 09:20 PM

novacabrio springs to mind lol

(i know your not on about him) but he polishs his car so much that people rekon it will eventualy burn the paint away lol

Novasport
18-12-06, 09:20 PM
Err, that was just from hand polishing! Told him not to use Mer!

Philsutton
18-12-06, 09:22 PM
ive never waxed a car, in fact i think ive only washed the corsa maybe 3 times at a push and that includes giong through a puddle fast.

rc
19-12-06, 12:38 AM
i just cept resprayin mine every six months lol

always cept it fresh

(i work in a body shop by the way, im not a millionaire) lol

Ash
19-12-06, 12:44 AM
umm, wax - err yes maybe 3 times in the first year, once last year and umm now it's in the garage...

Polished it lots to try and get it red again... time for a respray the paint must be soooo thin now.

Ash

Matt2107
19-12-06, 10:06 AM
I spent 12 hours on my jamaica yellow 5 door with paint restorer when i first bought it as it was seriously faded.... all by hand.

The old SR used to be cleaned 3 times a week and polished once a week... even in winter.

The mondeo of love has been cleaned once when I got it. Possibly once through a car wash too.

My gf's mom used to polish her old galant so much that it went through to the primer.

draper
19-12-06, 11:08 AM
only time i wash cars is when i get paid a fiver lol

Matt2107
19-12-06, 12:21 PM
only time i wash cars is when i get paid a fiver lol

Do you work down tesco car park?

stuartp
19-12-06, 12:53 PM
within the last 2years of ownership off mine ive washed 8 times!! its never seen polish and as long as i own it, it never will!!!

kronk10
19-12-06, 05:11 PM
Thanks guys i must have a wierd problem then cus i do wax it to often. I think i must cut down and try something else :wtf: i do have a girlfriend of 5 years but she works different shifts to me so i cantuse my enthusiasm on herlol (i dont much anyway). I might take up jogging again ??? i have already been jogging everyday this week so might get serious :D

Jack
19-12-06, 06:02 PM
Use megs stuff, their stage one cut only takes off a miniscule layer of paint - the polish and wax don't damage the paint either. Unlike T-Cut and friends which chop half your top coat away.

Lucky Luke!
19-12-06, 08:56 PM
i rarely wax mine but i was it every day and have done since i started my new job, there is a pilon by the car park and a bird scarer every hour, need i say more!

Martin
19-12-06, 09:32 PM
We need pics of youre shiny novas :d

kronk10
20-12-06, 10:04 AM
We need pics of youre shiny novas :d

I would post pics of my nova up but you can hardly see how shiny it is unless i get a really good night pic, but iam not very good with a camera and still practising.

kronk10
20-12-06, 10:06 AM
Nova pilots nova is very shiny i remember him posting a pic up one day and it was a deep shiny red. Made me smile could you post it up please novapilot:D

Aamir
20-12-06, 10:12 AM
There's not enough show/concours standard novas around :(
Move onto different parts of the car, start tidying the engine bay up, remove a few bits, mirror polish, then re-fit. Get under the car, plenty to clean lol lol

kronk10
20-12-06, 10:26 AM
Heres a couple of myn when its kinda shiny you can make a white car shiny. I use a wax that you cant buy in the shops, i work part time with a mobile car valeter and he uses stuff from a chemical comapny in derby called qaudraline. Very nice stuff and waxes on and off very easy:thumb:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/jonboy100/DSCF1466new.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/jonboy100/IMG_9206new.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/jonboy100/DSCF1598carauction.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/jonboy100/DSCF1597carauction.jpg
Now the bottom two arnt my cars but i cleaned and waxed these at the last car auction we whent to. The last car (dont know what make) made alot of money ?80 grand or over i think?????

kronk10
20-12-06, 10:29 AM
There's not enough show/concours standard novas around :(
Move onto different parts of the car, start tidying the engine bay up, remove a few bits, mirror polish, then re-fit. Get under the car, plenty to clean lol lol

I would say bens is deffo show standard:thumb:

draper
20-12-06, 10:30 AM
come round and clean mine kronk lol