PDA

View Full Version : Inner arches>?

Anonymous
08-06-01, 11:57 AM
Ok peeps. Myself and a friend are putting 18" wheels on his turbo beast. The outer arches are not a problem, but we need to know what offset to have to avoid the wheels/tyres hitting the inner arch on the back.The tyres are 215/35/18 but what offset is best for this size? We have been asked what offset we want the wheels in and can have anything we like (including 49mm).
If there is inner arch scrubbage, is it easy to sort-ie, a big mallet?
Cheers peeps.

:)

Anonymous
08-06-01, 02:38 PM
what ever you do dont put 18's on you nova. No1 it will drive like shite. No 2 when you turn corners the wheel will scrub. no 3 never mind plowering the car try raising it. best the to do is get a shit hot set of 16's and lower it 40mm.

Anonymous
08-06-01, 02:39 PM
what ever you do dont put 18's on you nova. No1 it will drive like shite. No 2 when you turn corners the wheel will scrub. no 3 never mind plowering the car try raising it. best the to do is get a shit hot set of 16's and lower it 40mm.

Anonymous
08-06-01, 02:46 PM

Anonymous
08-06-01, 03:08 PM
do you think he wants to make a point?

Anonymous
08-06-01, 04:05 PM
It would appear so - but a good point!!

Dont do it mate, unless you wanna laugh at your mate when he tries to drive round corners??

Ben.

Anonymous
08-06-01, 04:25 PM
Fuck the handling. This is gonna be a cover car and i'm asking a serious question.
no1) and? The ride quality isn't that good anyway thanks to the weight of the calibra turbo lump, and the courtenay 2.0 (stiff!) suspension.
no2)no it won't when we have completed the bodyshop mods.
no3)The car is on coilovers and can be raised/lowered as required..

The 18's can be replaced with the set of 16" speedlines or 15" calibra wheels that are in the garage whenever we want, so thats not a problem.
What is a problem is the offset and the inner arches.
Ian, do you know what offset Brett Rogan has on his 18"wheels? If u have an email adress so we could contact him that would be kool....

Anonymous
08-06-01, 06:20 PM
I fiited 45 ofsset 17`s on mine and it scrubbed the inner arches (mk1 205/40/17). if you go too low you may hit the rear shocker mounts on one or both sides! You can fit them but it is by no means easy. :)

Anonymous
10-06-01, 12:29 PM
Cheers. It was suggested to me yesterday not to go above 45mm offset. We can then use spacers to bring it out until it clears the inner arch.
cheers.

Anonymous
11-06-01, 10:39 AM
45mm offset
hammer inners where needed
and redrill rear shocker mounts ;-)

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---