PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Dilemma

Nova_Tek
18-12-06, 02:16 PM
Been ringing around all morning to get me a set of Eibach Pro kit springs only to find out that so far no one has them in stock and Eibach have discontinued the product for the Nova. So getting them will be close to a miracle :cry:

The other alternative im looking at is H&R Springs which AFAIK are on par with Eibach if not better. They are about the same price too but only lower 30mm as aposed to the Pro-kit which is upto 40mm.

Anyone had any experience with H&R springs?

:thumb:

Nova_Tek
18-12-06, 08:53 PM
What the hell gonna buy them. They seem to have a good reputation and 30 - 35mm is good enough for everyday practicality.

dannyb
18-12-06, 11:22 PM
Will a corsa B Eibach Pro kit fit the Nova? Im sure STE on here fitted his nova suspension kit to a Corsa B, incidating that it could work the other way.

diablo007
19-12-06, 06:02 PM
aye same fittin, and if the man in the shop says they arent.....he tellin lies:D

Nova_Tek
19-12-06, 11:09 PM
is that a 100% deffinate answer?

Would it have any undesired affects on having springs made for one car and used on another?

dannyb
20-12-06, 12:00 PM
If the springs are altered for the marginally heavier Corsa, the Nova could sit higher than stated, this could also mean a slightly stiffer ride.

craig green
20-12-06, 12:13 PM
I'd just get springs from Coilsprings.co.uk anyway.

eibach arent designed for UK roads in anyway & if you do get hold of a set & then have a warranty issue you will be screwed. Atleast Coilsprings89 are a UK company with customer backup.

They will make the springs to your desired height & if you need it, tailor the poundage to your needs ie 16v or whatever.

craig green
20-12-06, 12:21 PM
If the springs are altered for the marginally heavier Corsa, the Nova could sit higher than stated, this could also mean a slightly stiffer ride.

Most Nova, Corsa & Tigra kits have exactly same part no.

Nova_Tek
20-12-06, 05:05 PM

Thats waht I was thinkging about too.

Im just gonna most probably go for the H&R srping kit. 30 - 40mm was what I was looking for although 40mm would have been more preferable.

May give coilspring a quick look but I do want the springs to retain some comfort whilst better better ride and handling which is why I initially chose the Pro Kit.

Plus if I move abroad which I may do in the near future, where im going the roads are dead smooth especially in comparison to London roads.

Thanx again :thumb: