PDA

View Full Version : 1.3 into 1.2

Anonymous
09-06-01, 02:56 PM
I have been thinking about fitting a 5 speed 'box in my car for a while,and come to the conclusion that a 1.3SR engine and box wouldnt cost that much different. I can have use of a hoist and that,wot I need to know is how different the engines are,I mean,will I need driveshafts,loom etc?-also would it be ok to run it on a 1B1 carb as I have a K&N for it,and dont fancy paying shedloads for a new bolt on,will the zorst system and manifold mate up ok?-the engine dont look any different,and I know a fair amount of peeps on ere have done it,please help,thanx in advance

Anonymous
09-06-01, 06:26 PM
yep it is all basically the same the early 1.3sr's had 1bs on them any way all the wiring is the same to

Anonymous
10-06-01, 11:49 PM
No probs.....as you know, I did this last year. Was done in a few hours.

The zorst is different on the 1.3 to the 1.2 though, but you should be able to use you old 1.2 zorst....just won't be as good as the proper 1.3 zorst, which has twin down-pipes from the manifold.
As for the carb, I ran mine for months with a 1B1 off of a 1.2....it's not ideal, as it's got different venturi/jet sizes to the proper 1.3 spec 1B1, but it did the job. not quite as good as the Weber though :D

If you get the engine from an SR, the only difference with wiring will be the extra wire for the oil-pressure sensor.
If you get one with the 2E3 carb, you get some other shit, plus you have to muck about with the piping from the cooling system, which works the auto-choke...that's of you keep that carb. I'd fit the 1B1 for now, then get a Weber when you can, unless you can get all the pipe-work with the new engine, which makes things easier.
Mine was ?15 plus ?29 for a re-con kit, and it's as good as new now....bargain for ?44!

Anonymous
10-06-01, 11:52 PM
That ?44 was for the weber btw, oh and the engine was ?40