PDA

View Full Version : Differentials

Anonymous
07-06-01, 11:09 AM
I want to limit wheel spin in first gear for a quicker pull away, so I`m gonn get to work on my diff. Does anyone know if differentials from different gearboxes in the range are interchangeable, and If there is any difference between the slip in a f13 to say a f20? I just wanna see if there is a cheaper alternative to buying a lsd. If not, is there a reasonably priced lsd or tbd on the market soz I`m not sure I wanna spend ?500+.

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)\

Whoopass! :D

Anonymous
08-06-01, 10:19 AM
MC as far as I know all the vaux FWD Diffs are standard so changing them will give no gain in traction. There are two types of slip diff the LSD uses friction plates which can wear out and the Torque Biasing Diff which is more expensive but does everything mechanically so is less likley to wear out. The Quaife TBD (about ?500) actually balances the traction giving more to the wheel with most grip and less to the sliding wheel and is regarded as the daddy.

"Theres something missing, I'm not all there, Theres something missing".

Anonymous
08-06-01, 10:30 AM
Yep, I`ve read about the Quaife ATB diff, and that sounds like the best option, cheers.

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)\

Anonymous
08-06-01, 10:37 AM
i was just on the site and apparently they dont make the ATB for Vauxhalls?

Anonymous
08-06-01, 10:54 AM
They do, but they are listed as GM!

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)\

Anonymous
08-06-01, 11:37 AM
just be a tad careful on the twisty bits, coz ive seen and heard about some horrific accidents using limited slip diffs

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
08-06-01, 11:43 AM
Read up about torque biassing diffs cambridge, they are far better than limited slip diffs.

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)\

Anonymous
08-06-01, 11:51 AM
agggh silly me. :'>

Anonymous
08-06-01, 11:53 AM
Ok peeps. Myself and a friend are putting 18" wheels on his turbo beast. The outer arches are not a problem, but we need to know what offset to have to avoid the wheels/tyres hitting the inner arch on the back.The tyres are 215/35/18 but what offset is best for this size? We have been asked what offset we want the wheels in and can have anything we like (including 49mm).
If there is inner arch scrubbage, is it easy to sort-ie, a big mallet?
Cheers peeps.

:)

Anonymous
08-06-01, 11:55 AM
oops.wrong place..... X-(

Anonymous
08-06-01, 11:59 AM
LMAO!

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)\