PDA

View Full Version : Different exhausts for different Novas?

Iain
15-12-06, 04:31 PM
What's different about the different Nova exhausts for sale? How they mount to the body? Their route? How they attach to the manifold?

I'm looking for a full system that will fit my 1.4 SPI (due to insurance reasons :(). After my third years NCB I am looking to fit a GSi engine and would like to keep the same exhaust. Is this possible?

For example Mongoose exhausts (http://www.mongooseexhausts.com/acatalog/Vauxhall.html) have three different exhausts; "GTE, SRi", " Nova GSi 1988 - 92 non CAT cars only" and " Nova SR 1.3, 1.4 non CAT cars only". What's different?

Thanks.

Ste L
15-12-06, 04:40 PM
use a manifold and downpipe off an novasri, the fit a cat or de-cat for one, and use an sri/gsi system system...

then this should bolt on the new engine with the same manifold when you do the conversion

Iain
15-12-06, 04:48 PM
Not sure I follow that first sentence lol

SRi manifold & downpipe fitted to the SPI engine will take a GSi Mongoose system. Then the exhaust will fit to a GSi manifold/downpipe (obviously) when I get the GSi engine.

Yes? :)

Ste L
15-12-06, 04:55 PM
Basically, you need to use a sri manfold at the min, due to your engine needing a lambda sensor....

sri and gsi downpipes should be the same...
to be on the safe side, get a gsi downpipe, and the gsi system, and it will all bolt up fine

Ste L
15-12-06, 05:00 PM
forgot to add, you wont then need to change the manifold when you change engine, just block the lambda sensor hole up on the manifold

Iain
15-12-06, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the help, get it now :)

Iain
15-12-06, 05:10 PM
...Although it doesn't make sense why they sell separate systems for GSi and SRi if the GSi and SRi downpipes are the same. lol

Ste L
15-12-06, 06:48 PM
...Although it doesn't make sense why they sell separate systems for GSi and SRi if the GSi and SRi downpipes are the same. lol

early gsi's didn't have cats where as late gsi's and sri's did :thumb:

Iain
15-12-06, 06:56 PM
You've been such a help thanks :thumb: Mongoose GSi system has no cat and SRi/GTE system has a cat. :D

Ste L
15-12-06, 06:59 PM
no, gte and early gsi's have the same system, late gsi and sri's are the same

GTE's are mk1's ;)

Iain
15-12-06, 07:09 PM
Click the link in my first post, Mongoose sell an exhaust system for the GTE/SRi (pic shows a cat):

Nova Ref: VXS013
GTE, SRi
Type: 3
Tail: G

So confusing :cry:

Ste L
15-12-06, 07:20 PM
looked at that, something wrong there :confused:

Adam
15-12-06, 07:38 PM
If its listed for a sri then it will be a cat-back system.

What Ste said is spot on.
Sri manifold,Late gsi/Sri downpipe, Sri de-cat, cat-back sri/late gsi system.
Gte system is different to sri one.

You could like me, get a full Sr system(downpipe back, also acts as a de-cat), and a SR manifold/downpipe or Sr 4branch and then get a lambda boss welded in.
Sri/Late gsi manifolds seem quite rare to find.

Iain
15-12-06, 07:53 PM
Since Ste said a SRi manifold will fit on a GSi engine I've been tempted to get an aftermarket SRi manifold. This will remove the need to find a second hand manifold and late SRi/GSi downpipe..? Then I can get either the GSi system or SRi system, Mongoose as mentioned earlier for example?

Feel free to add me to MSN Messenger if you want to help me out further lol (address in profile)

Ste L
15-12-06, 08:02 PM
all the sporty model manifolds are the same...
only difference is the sri/late gsi's have lambda sensor holes..

the downpipe is the bit that has the main difference