PDA

View Full Version : Fan/Temp sensor

Anonymous
08-06-01, 02:46 PM
I went out this lunchtime and my car overheated, on closer inspection the fan hadn't come on, according to the AA the fan is duff, but all he did was look at it and not test anything!!! where is the temp sensor that triggers the fan and also how can I check if it is the fan or the temp sensor????? help me!!!!!!!!

All this makes me think... hmmmm..... another load I think to get all the bits for the 2.0 conversion now!!!!!

Mmmmm forbidden donut. :)

Anonymous
08-06-01, 02:57 PM
The switch is in the side of the rad, all you need to do is pull the wires off and conect them together, with the engine running the fan should run. Leave it running all the time till you get the new sensor/switch fitted so it doesn't overheat again.

For sale 2.0 8v nova ?2500 ono. :(

Anonymous
08-06-01, 02:58 PM
nice one bud, I'll go and have a look now!!

Anonymous
08-06-01, 03:10 PM
Just been out to my car and done what you said, the fan works fine, so it must be the temp sensor!!! how much are these?

Anonymous
08-06-01, 03:23 PM
Only a few quid probably ?6-?10

For sale 2.0 8v nova ?2500 ono. :(

Anonymous
08-06-01, 03:25 PM
That is a relief!! I thought they might have been really expensive. Cheers for the advice bud!!

Anonymous
08-06-01, 03:27 PM
or just connect the fan to a swich so u can put it on when u like, easier for controlling temp, especially when drag racing.

[-iansUpToSomething.jpg-] <--- are you davo in disguise? (but obviously not as camp as davo!)

Anonymous
08-06-01, 03:34 PM
not a bad idea that, it would be easy enough to do, I think I will give that a go.