PDA

View Full Version : 1985 Vauxhall Nova 1.2 GL - Excellent Condition

Pete Lybs
14-12-06, 01:10 PM
Regrettably, I now have to sell my beloved Nova that I’ve owned for two years, due to the purchase of a new car (no room to keep it).

Vauxhall Nova 1.2 GL
1985 B registration
MOT until end of July 2007
Tax until end of July 2007
Extremely low mileage, 59,000
Lots of receipts, bills, old MOTs, original books etc. (all recent work carried out by myself)
Superb, ‘time-warp’ condition! The amount of admiring glances & conversations as a result is amazing

The GL was the most luxurious model in the original Nova line up. This one also has some optional extras. Contrasting it from other, lower spec Novas, my GL features the following:

5 (optional extra) Alloy wheels c/w centre caps (with 2 nearly new Goodyear tyres)
5 standard steel wheels c/w centre caps (same style as those fitted to some Manta Bs and original Nova SR, not the same as Nova ‘L’)
2 coat Metallic Paint (Silver Moss) this is now very rare
‘Plush’ interior trim (I have restored this to as new condition)
6 Dial dashboard clocks (yellow needles, same as early SR)
4 spoke steering wheel (same as early SR)
Chrome plated window surrounds and Gutter covers
Extra sound deadening & insulation (makes this a comparatively quiet Nova on the Motorway)
Original, Vauxhall mudflaps,
Passenger door mirror
No rear seatbelts (I have a set that can be included if wanted)

My only present niggle with it is that the front left wheel bearing is beginning to make a slight noise (if this is an issue I could replace it next week) and the rear n/s wheel arch could do with a small repair (I will post pictures of this when I return home on Sunday)

THIS CAR HAS NEVER BEEN WELDED AND THE FLOOR IS SUPERB (Including the often troublesome rear chassis rails & rear spring mounts)!

At lot of work has been done during my ownership of this great little car, most of which wasn’t strictly necessary. When servicing (every 3,000 miles) I have used the best available parts including Bosch Super 4 spark plugs and Castrol GTX oil.

I do not believe in modifications & consequently, this Nova is exactly as it should be, Standard! I have, however, fitted Solex Locks to both doors and the boot :)

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p278/classicnova/MyGreenNova3.jpg
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p278/classicnova/DSC00319.jpg

I will be genuinely upset to part with this car as it has never let me down.
Viewing will be possible from Sunday onwards. Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions as I will try to answer all of them. More info and pictures will be posted on Sunday (when I return home)

She is located in Nottingham (10 mins from J25, M1)

Sensible offers please, Thanks for looking.

Cheers guys, I think ?900 ono is fair, if you agree/ disagree with me then please say so..

As for the sunroof its an aftermarket one although it doesn't leak and is great in the summer!

valvercorsa
14-12-06, 01:56 PM
wats least you would take???????

cheers :thumb:

hendrix
14-12-06, 02:02 PM
Thats awesome, good luck with the sale. The only times I have seen them wheels are in promo booklets etc!
Fabulous

Matt2107
14-12-06, 02:46 PM
wats least you would take???????

lol he'd have put that if he wanted people to know. :roll:

I've never seen those wheels before either... to be honest I would take them off and sell it with steels and sell the wheels seperately.

Pete Lybs
14-12-06, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the interest, not really sure about what the least I would take. To find a Nova of this type and condition is hard and so obviously the value must reflect that. However I am not trying to suggest that it is worth a silly figure. Tell me what you think its worth?

Pete Lybs
14-12-06, 03:10 PM
Those wheels are like the usual 3 spokes except they are 13" not 14", not vented and have a grey band across as you can see. They were only available as optional extras on the MK1 Nova but were used in the brochures and tv ads circa 1984.

see :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAHDW3KW4Is

Cheers

Jack
14-12-06, 03:36 PM
Early pre-facelift alloys and chrome window frames/gutter trim - rare items these days!

Just out of interest - what colour is the dashboard?

Pete Lybs
14-12-06, 03:57 PM
Yup!
Its dark Green. I have some spares for the dash too (and loads of green plastic rivets!!) which I got from a nearly identical nova in a scrapyard (couldn't believe it at the time) so therefore the dash is pristine with everything working (including the clock with yellow dials!)

Cheers, Pete

Pete Lybs
14-12-06, 04:01 PM
I've never seen those wheels before either... to be honest I would take them off and sell it with steels and sell the wheels seperately.

I could do but The car looks better with the alloys and they are correct for the car, unlike putting common three spokes on a merit for example.

Matt2107
14-12-06, 04:02 PM
Just a suggestion as you'd get more money with them off.

Pete Lybs
14-12-06, 04:06 PM
Just a suggestion as you'd get more money with them off.

Yeah cheers mate, if she doesn't sell soon then I'll consider it.

Oh yeah i forgot to mention that a set of Mcgard locking wheel nuts are fitted (I still have the key and packaging too)

Dave.
14-12-06, 04:37 PM
where you located mate?

raymond
14-12-06, 04:53 PM
That would be superb car if it wasnt for the sunroof is it aftermarket or not

Iain
14-12-06, 05:05 PM
where you located mate?
=

She is located in Nottingham (10 mins from J25, M1)

Ian
14-12-06, 05:16 PM
Add a price please.

Stoo
14-12-06, 05:40 PM
Very very nice, and some super rare bits nowdays!

Be a shame to spoil it.

Riggy
14-12-06, 05:48 PM
looks very nice , just like phils did lol

phil couldnt even give the wheels away tohugh lol

good luck with it fella :thumb:

Pete Lybs
14-12-06, 05:51 PM
Cheers guys, I think ?900 ono is fair, if you agree/ disagree with me then please say so..

As for the sunroof its an aftermarket one although it doesn't leak and is great in the summer!

scott.parker
14-12-06, 05:51 PM
Very very nice, and some super rare bits nowdays!

Be a shame to spoil it.

But you so no you would use that shell fo make a ace track car fromlol

novacabrio
14-12-06, 08:14 PM

sounds spot on to me,

Timmy
14-12-06, 11:23 PM
keep her !!!! or put it in storage dont let some NL kill what a lovely looking motor

Pete Lybs
14-12-06, 11:34 PM
If I had somewhere to keep her i would. Anyone got a garage/barn in notts they want to rent out????

Pete Lybs
16-12-06, 08:35 PM
Still for sale!
I can also be contacted on 07894141386
Cheers, Pete

Novasport
17-12-06, 11:34 AM
You have PM

Pete Lybs
19-12-06, 11:26 PM
The Nova is still for sale. If anyone is thinking about it then just make me an offer or call me to arrange viewing. Cheers, Pete

Clean 2.0 nova
28-12-06, 05:13 PM
is this car still for sale? offer around ?600

Pete Lybs
28-12-06, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the interest but I have someone else who is looking more around ?750. Cheers, Pete

Pete Lybs
28-12-06, 09:24 PM
n.b. car is still for sale though!