PDA

View Full Version : Knackered???.......

Anonymous
11-10-00, 07:14 PM
Is my Nove knackered?? here is a list of things i have done to it in last few months. tell me if you think i should get it resprayed or if i should sell it???

new head gasket, new fuel pump, fuel pipes, complete brake overhaul(calipers drums all of it!) new fuel tank, new clutch cable and its done 130000miles!!! and its starting to rust big time under bonnet doors etc
on the up side its an f reg 13SR with GSI vents black bumpers gte skirts, k&n power with magnex exhaust and rejjetted carb on lowered spax suspension. it also has 8"touring strip on front and black on rear, momo wheel sparco pedals 6*9s etc.....
what do u think guys paint it or sell it and how much do you think id get for it i paid ?750?? oh yeah the drivers door leaks!! ie when it rains overnight and i open door i get fucking soaked!!

Cheers!!

Anonymous
11-10-00, 07:16 PM
sell it. But dont go in chat and say that otherwise they all turn on you and kick u out. cos they got them hammers shoved right up their arses (apart from kev, andy p, lara)

cheers

davo

Anonymous
11-10-00, 07:17 PM
Firgot to say d handbrake got 10 fricking clicks!! and the adjusters seized!! more work mes thinks

Anonymous
11-10-00, 07:19 PM
Oh yeah i just found out tonight when i took me cam cover off cause the oil cap leaks!! that me cam is fucking shafted and will need replacing in about 6 months! if it lasts mmmmm i like my poor nova too

Anonymous
11-10-00, 07:23 PM
the wimdscreen cracked 2:(

Anonymous
11-10-00, 08:45 PM
I say sell it or sell it for parts!! or wait til bonfire night and hav a great time!!

Anonymous
11-10-00, 11:12 PM
Hehe it does sound a bit worse for wear m8 :) Sell it and buy an immaculate standard e/f reg SR from lookin in/at the Autotrader for a cool 700ish squid if you get lucky and there are some for sale :)

Anonymous
11-10-00, 11:16 PM
I'd say buy the extra bits you need for it, especially if you plan to buy another nova afterwards.
I've got a 1.3SR A-Reg, with 128,000 on the clock, and nothing is wrong with it! All it needs is a respray, and I'm lining that up for near new year. Just get the parts you need, it sounds ok, what would it cost? About 200-250 quid in all, without the respray. But if you are thinking of selling it, ask for about what you paid for it, or slightly lower, about 650, I paid 500 for my A-Reg!!
Cheers, good luck with your decision though. (A283 FOY).

Anonymous
12-10-00, 09:24 AM
It doesn,t sound good. Have a good look round the body sills, inner wings ect, give em a good prod with a screwdriver. This will give you an idea of how bad the rust is getting. If the shell is shot you could be wasting your time and money on a respray. the mechanical things aren't as crucial, especially if you do the work yourself.

Anonymous
12-10-00, 07:15 PM
I picked up my SR (can be seem on the Feature page, Alex Williams 1.3SR) for ?800, 68000Miles off an OLD granny (nice!) I think personal mate sell it all to a boy racer who just fuck it up before he knows it's fuked and then get your self another! SR or GTE depend how old you are though? ;) Good Luck.