PDA

View Full Version : Superchip info needed!!

womble sri
13-12-06, 07:48 PM
Are superchips ecu's set up to each individual car or are they an off the shelf mod that is designed for each model/engine.

cheers neil. :thumb:

Adam
13-12-06, 07:51 PM
Off the shelf iirc.

Unichips are the ones setup on a RR to your car.

womble sri
13-12-06, 07:56 PM
because i saw one on bgay and rang superchips and he just tried selling me one told me id have to get them to fit so probably ??? just wanted to know if any one had bought one new?

Stuart
14-12-06, 08:11 AM
really a superchip is a waste of time and money on an N/A car....
and a unichip is just a total f**** as a "tuning" tool for a serious person lol.

when they say "fitting" they really mean they crack the ecu open and then wedge the new chip in.. anyone can do that lol

womble sri
14-12-06, 08:55 PM
so if i were to buy a second hand one then it would be just as effective as if i bought a new one? assuming it was in perfedct working order. so the guy at superchips was just on the blag. heard vauxhall and nova and thought he'd be able to sell it.

dannyb
15-12-06, 12:48 PM
so if i were to buy a second hand one then it would be just as effective as if i bought a new one?

I wouldnt say effectives the word... Just stick with what you already got.
If it aint broke, dont........

craig green
15-12-06, 02:44 PM
too late!

Depends what it is going on but an aftermarket performance chip is typically crap. turbo engines being an exception.

Adam
15-12-06, 07:33 PM
The only real "benefit" with a superchip is a raised rev limit..

womble sri
16-12-06, 01:11 AM
**** it then

H15 NVA
16-12-06, 12:19 PM
i brought a remapped ecu off a mate for my xe n it took out any flatspots, engine runs smoother and is def quicker, think gave more torque increse than bhp. i ran 153bhp without it, then fitted it, bigger filter and an fse and ran 171bhp on same dyno!
all depends what hes asking for it, if ya fit it n dont like jus flog it on!

oh yeah hope ya can make it to b-water in jan, hopefully now weve done a couple and theyre getting better others will make the effort and be prepared to travel!