PDA

View Full Version : In 2 minds

Anonymous
04-06-01, 11:21 AM
right ladies and germs...

what should I do (this is to a mk2 1.2)...get a 1.3sr engine and gear box from somewhere (should cost me about ?100 or less) or fit a 1.3sr cam, carb, manifold and zorst, gearbox and a K&N to the original 1.2? Cos after reading avout robs 1.2GT beating 1.3sr's, i'm in 2 minds...cos if i modified the 1.2, the insurance wouldn't have to know about it...(i'd just loose the K&N and put the flying saucer airbox back on when Mr Insurance pays a visit) but if i put the 1.3sr engine in, i'd probably have to declare it.

To put all the stuff i've mentioned above on a 1.2 would be more hassle than simply replacing the engine with a 1.3sr one wouldn't it?!?! :-/

[ged_bong]
Web Design 4 half the price.
Email ged@roybacer.co.uk
Visit www.roybacer.co.uk

Anonymous
04-06-01, 01:24 PM
aren't you in enough trouble with insurance?

do you think engineers are stupid? i now one from work and he has modded more cars than you have had hot dinners. his r5 gtt had a bigger spec list than downloading thread in mirc forum!

[-celebrate.jpg-]

Liverpool - Champions of Europe, Unique Cup treble.

Anonymous
04-06-01, 01:58 PM
i wasnt saying they were stupid...i was saying that if i stuck the standard air filter on i'd have a much better chance of blagging saying "i bought it like this...all engines look the same to me...i'm not a vauxhall mechanic...i didn't know it was a different engine"...because after all, how many people check the engine codes or whatever when they bought their cars? to make sure it was a 1.2, or 1.3 or whatever...not everyone...

[ged_bong]
Email ged@roybacer.co.uk
Visit www.roybacer.co.uk

Anonymous
04-06-01, 02:01 PM
plus, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 engines on carbs near enough look identical to the eye...so i'm pretty sure you'd be able to blag sayin u bought it like that...I bet it's happened hundreds of times before now...it would be easy to miss if you were'nt that clued up on engines...like when women buy cars etc (no disrespect to any ;)) so i'm sure they'd take that into account...

[ged_bong]
Email ged@roybacer.co.uk
Visit www.roybacer.co.uk

Anonymous
04-06-01, 02:37 PM
lol kev bought a 1.3sr with a 1.2 engine in :D

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---

Anonymous
04-06-01, 02:46 PM
doesnt the BIG 1.2 1.3 1.4 stamped on the block kinda give it away??

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
04-06-01, 02:48 PM
proves my point ;) as long as the 1.3sr engine doesn't look 'fast' (as in big shiny K&N, etc) then you have a very strong case if u plead ignorant...i know anyone could turn around and say "i thought it was a 1.0, i didn't realise it had a 2.0 turbo in it"...but in the circumstances...it's a bit different...it's only 100cc's and the engines look identical to the eye...soit's an easy mistake to make

[ged_bong]
Email ged@roybacer.co.uk
Visit www.roybacer.co.uk

Anonymous
04-06-01, 02:58 PM
i have a 1.4 in my 1.2 van and when i crashed the police didn't notice :D

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---

Anonymous
04-06-01, 09:35 PM
ne way y would they want to look in the engine bay ne way?
do what robs done, cam,filter, zorst.
not alot of difference between the engines ne way!
ohh yeah and u could make sure u dont crash!!

NOVADOSE75@HOTMAIL.COM

Anonymous
06-06-01, 12:02 AM
my brother bought the green machine origanly when it was white and it had a 1.3 in it and we didnt have a clue (shame it blew up 2 months later and we put a 1.2 back in :) )

Micky@novaload.net :)