PDA

View Full Version : ISP's?

jkhilton
11-12-06, 10:33 AM
Can anyone recommend a good ISP?

I am looking for atleast 8mb down, unlimited usage.

I have been waiting for Bulldog to sort out my connection for 2 months and have finally cancelled. I was with them for a few years before and had no problems but now they are a big bunch of useless tw*ts!!!

I am after something reliable and fast.

Cheers

John

Welsh Dan
11-12-06, 11:16 AM
They all use the same stuff so it boils down to the package terms/price. Eclipse have unmetered access at certain times of the day, pipex & demon have good support.

Can you get ADSL2 where you are?

Stuart
11-12-06, 11:32 AM
When i get me gaff, i will be using Demon. Ok a little mroe money but excellent support.... me dad has been with them since 1992 and managed to keep the same IP address since then too lol

Jack
11-12-06, 11:42 AM
UKOnline have unlimited bandwidth and been good for me, but they block a couple of ports to stop you hosting a web server.

What about a BT business connection? Mate of mine has/had/is getting (one or the other lol) one, no restrictions.

jkhilton
11-12-06, 12:14 PM
the BT business idea is something I have been toying with as i can get it through my dads business.

Pipex now own bulldog, so I dont want to go with a company that is even associated with them unfortunately.

I'll have a look at Demon and UKonline aswell.

cheers

John

bump
11-12-06, 12:18 PM
F2S have worked well for me for ages now.
They don't block any ports and are happy with you running several servers. After 12 months you get free upgrades, i.e. speed improvements, more IP addresses, lower costs, depending on your package.

Last lime I got a free regrade to 8Mb from 2Mb. The customer service has been excellent too.

Lee
11-12-06, 04:46 PM
Ive been with Wanadoo (now Orange) since i connected. Never had an issue, so cant comment on the support lol

Ash
11-12-06, 04:59 PM
i can recommend PipeX and warn you against Force9. Havent used any others

Ash

Jack
11-12-06, 05:40 PM
Ive been with Wanadoo (now Orange) since i connected. Never had an issue, so cant comment on the support lol
I can... its sh*t lol

They kept charging me after I swapped to UKO - came up with loads of excuses, most of which were blaming it on BT, and then offered me a refund of less than half what they owed me!

[edit] by "BT" I mean the telecoms company BT, not Bottlethroddy...

jkhilton
11-12-06, 06:03 PM
[edit] by "BT" I mean the telecoms company BT, not Bottlethroddy...

lol,

Bulldog blamed everything on BT at first, then said that I had missed the activation window for 2 months running, then said I had never been in touch with them and then they were back to blaming BT again. :roll: lol