PDA

View Full Version : 1000cc Through a Puddle

Dod
10-12-06, 06:30 PM
Now it starts fine but wnt rev and definately wont drive. I tried the old WD40 in the Dizzy Cap thing but no good, also the contacts in the Dizzy seen rough, scored even. Anyone got any ideas?

Saloony
10-12-06, 06:56 PM
Just water everywhere, had trouble driving mine in heavy rain on the motorway. Idealy you want to clean dizzy with brake and clutch cleaner, wd40 is just ****. Sounds like you contacts need changing as well plus condensor. Oh and dry the plugs out, i.e take lead of plug and spray up and replace.

chimp007_uk
10-12-06, 08:11 PM
on my old 1litre nova, i was forever having problems... the stupid design of having the dizzy at the front of the engine where all the rain hits it... mine used to missfire and lose power everytime it rained, had some nasty shocks too!

either clean it out or replace it, make sure its dry inside and then rap a bin bag around it and gaffa tape it up :) i had mine like it all year round, never ever had a problem again!

Dod
10-12-06, 08:53 PM
LOL, i might try that, after all the bragging to my Honda owning mates about how great mt 13 year old 1000cc Nova was good, towing their Vtecs around!!

chimp007_uk
11-12-06, 05:17 PM
sounds budget, and is but i had no probs in wales... and it does rain!

Dod
11-12-06, 08:27 PM
Right, its looking more like a Coil problem now, FFS!!!!

SRI crazy
12-12-06, 08:40 PM
hey u mite hav water in the carb take it apart and clean it could help towards curing the problem

Dod
12-12-06, 10:22 PM
Have a new coil to try but i 'm not too sure if it is the coil as the problem seems to be consistant in its stuttering and struggling and past experiences with coils have led me to believe that they stop dead, and go a while later.

rc
14-12-06, 11:27 AM
i had the same prob in rain with mt 1.4 carb, it was the igition module that sits under the coil on the same braket, got water in it and cept feckin up new coils, not sure if it the same on the 1litres?

Saloony
14-12-06, 01:33 PM
Nah, she contacts on the 1l.

R1CH
14-12-06, 02:14 PM
I drove thru a rather large flood in my old 1ltr beast, got 3/4 of the way thru then it died !!!
Tried everything to get it running again, stripped carb, cleaned dissy & points, plugs ect ... even left it for a week with the plugs out for it to 'dry out' but still couldn't get it to start, Ended up buying another motor for it from the local scrappy, took me just over an hour to swap them over !! Theres nowt to them and there tiny !!lol

Rich