PDA

View Full Version : "c20xe" sfi box in a nova

hurcombe_nova
10-12-06, 02:41 PM
hi there. will a sfi box of the calibra fit in the nova without having to modify either sfi box or the bulkhead, and also when fitting the new engine mount for the conversion, will it have to be moved 1.5" lowe and isit bolted or welded , cheers jamie

edens-xe
10-12-06, 03:14 PM
you may have to bend the bulkhead back a little. i had to in mine for the sfi box, should'nt be to hard. as for the engine mount you prob better off getting a proper mount kit for it. got mine from lmf vaux cost bout 425. much easier than making them and you know that there done right.

hurcombe_nova
10-12-06, 03:20 PM
yer i was gonna get the proper mount. theres some on chris astley sport and someone told me that the mount has too be 1.5" lower for it to sit right, is this right nd do they get bolted on or welded ...cheers

R1CH
10-12-06, 03:23 PM
The mount will bolt straight on, no need to weld / move any thing.

Rich

hurcombe_nova
10-12-06, 03:32 PM

Rich

cheers for the help rich . appreciate it

Austin_Nova16
11-12-06, 11:21 AM
Or save yourself the money and get a metal mount from a big block 1.6 etc from a mk2 astra in the scrappy. then cut and lower the part on the car 1.5".

Mount should only cost a fiver.
I've done this loads and never had an issue.

Lee
11-12-06, 05:05 PM

Rich

cheers for the help rich . appreciate it

When he says the mount will bolt straight on, he means the adaptor bracket, not the actual engine mount.

The engine bracket on the car does have to be lower, but the adaptor plate avoids this. Austins method is also very viable.

Just in case you got mixed up there lol