PDA

View Full Version : Clocking car HELP!!

Anonymous
30-05-01, 06:45 PM
O.k i did a post a while ago about how to clock a nova digi dash. I have got an m.o.t very soon and dont want 99,000 miles on the certificate. When its only done 60,000. Somebody said somthing about hooking a drill up to the speed sender of somthing?. If n e 1 knows what to do exactly please post or e-mail me cheers. :)

Anonymous
31-05-01, 09:15 AM
you dont have to have 99k on the dash, my car has only done 72k and my digidash reads 104k. when you go to the MOT place you just read them the mileage. They can see that its not the standard dash for the car, take the last MOT with you as well. I could just say anything because the place I take my car for its MOT, they just shout questions at you while your up on the ramps !!!

Never be afraid to try anything new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals built the Titanic !

Anonymous
31-05-01, 09:41 AM
std nova clocks take me under 3 mins to change
digi clocks about 10mins
cav mk3 clocks 1/2 hour (requires loads of drilling into clocks)

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---

Anonymous
01-06-01, 08:26 PM
std nova ones r easy todo! i don't think we should anounce how or else there'll be millions of nova's with 10'000 miles! :-)

*!!i h8 speed cameras!!*

Anonymous
02-06-01, 02:55 AM
Fit a dash with a lower mileage....I lost 12K off mine fitting a different dash. It was my old A reg 1.2L, and I ditched the crappy standard one for an SR 6-dial. It was only 2 years newer than the car, but 12K less mileage!
I lost 5K off the mileage by fitting the digi dash! (was reading 98K, digi dash reading 93K)