PDA

View Full Version : Surface rust

Anonymous
31-05-01, 12:52 PM
On the roof of my nova there is what looks like little flecks or rust on the surface of the paint. It looks like it is on the surface due to the paint not bubbling. They are only very small flecks about the size of a pin head. How can i remove this?
All help appreciated.

Anonymous
31-05-01, 01:03 PM
this is from grinding near the car or industral fallout it will need a good buff or maybe a respray :O

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---

Anonymous
31-05-01, 02:50 PM
T-Cut !!!!

Never be afraid to try anything new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals built the Titanic !

Anonymous
31-05-01, 03:18 PM
Thanks mate i have just been out now using t-cut but i have had to stop because it is pissing it down. Its working well though.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Anonymous
31-05-01, 03:26 PM
I did the exact same thing when I flushed my tailgate, I was out there using my angle grinder not realising how many metal bits were sitting on my roof. as usual it pis.sed down and the went rusty !!!!

I had been putting off T-cutting the Mota for ages but I had to do it then.

Never be afraid to try anything new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals built the Titanic !

Anonymous
31-05-01, 05:31 PM
prob is if the paint is thin they go through to the primer

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---

Anonymous
31-05-01, 08:15 PM
it can burn marks in windows as well (the grinding)

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
02-06-01, 02:41 AM
A mate of mine needed a new windscreen 'cos he'd been fitting new inner wings and front panel, not noticing the grindings on the window. It felt like sand-paper, and needless to say, it didn't pass the MOT!

The look on the MOT man's face was a picture :D