PDA

View Full Version : Quick Steel stuff??

Anonymous
01-06-01, 09:50 AM
anybody used this??

thing is i was wondering why my carbs were running rough and got sum carb cleaner to clean em up

after i squirted sum round one ov the carbs the idle dropped

looks like when i put em on i tighted up one ov the bolts coz theres a very small hairline crack about 1cm in legnth

now i got the trust carb balancer out and the cracked port was showing a lower reading

i chucked sum sealent in and the reading whent back up

now the manifold has sufferd sumthing like this in the past as my mate had to welded up becuase when he got it it sufferd the same prob on another port

i dont want to have to take them back off again!!!!!!!!!! just to get them welded coz it takes for to long and im left with no car while its being done

i could refit standerd carb to keep me on road but its a bit long winded

i have slakend the offending bolt ov a tad so its not a stressfull area and its still sealed up

will this quick steel be ok to push into the crack and then grind it down to make a nice clean fix??
how hard does it set?

if its gonna need to be took off then i guess i will have to get the manifold welded but if i cna get away with it i will just fix it on the car

i can get to all ov the crack from the top ov the engine

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
01-06-01, 07:25 PM
It`s not bad, but you`ll have to get the area spotless before applying it. Is it an ally manifold?, cause you`ll have to use a different version of the stuff. If you can get it welded and the face trued up, it`ll be a better repair but the two pack steel/ally will do for a quick job!. :) (we`ve used it quite a but at work, and if it`s under any kind of stress it`s usually failed and had to be welded properly)