PDA

View Full Version : flushed locks and handals

benthehash
09-12-06, 05:53 PM
whats the best way to sort the opening problem???

Iain
09-12-06, 05:57 PM
Door popper solenoids wired in to a button somewhere (TVR style under the wing mirror?) My research seems to reveal you can buy kits like this (http://www.a1electric.com/popdoor.htm) which has everything you need to do it. :)

Welsh Dan
09-12-06, 05:57 PM
Solenoids.

beavy69
09-12-06, 08:50 PM
Does anyone know if there is a way/a kit to hook up central locking and a door popper to one remote so that one could unlock the whole car with one button and then pop/open the L/R doors separtly. Would love to opperate my alarm/immob from the same remote as well but am sure this is not possible as obviously requires some sort of coded signal unique to the manufacturer? or is it?

chimp007_uk
09-12-06, 09:31 PM
on my old nova, my mate designed a circuit board, which was and alarm and immobiliser for my nova... had micro switches wired into the doors and boot and a push-rod switch on the bonnet. it also had auxillary buttons, which i had wired up for headlights, and another for interior neons (back int he day...) it sounds complicated but if you look in maplins you might find the circuits and bits to do it. when i was in sixth form, my school had a pcb maker, so didnt cost a penny :)

Ash
10-12-06, 12:40 AM
i believe that to pass an MOT then you need a mechanical way of opening you doors. As in the event of a crash, when you get knocked out, and your in danger, how will anyone get you out?? sure theres a button under the wing mirror, but when your panicing, then you do see this things do you...?

Ash