PDA

View Full Version : gsi

Anonymous
30-05-01, 10:47 PM
i am going to buy a nova gsi but the 1 i went to look at and want didnt have cntral locking any ideas why?how much does it cost to put in.also the petrol needle was well over the fuel mark whats wrong and how easy to fix?cheeers

Anonymous
30-05-01, 10:50 PM
new doors or its a ringer aka lemon in the trade? sounds like it aint really gsi tho

[-dave_hay.jpg-]
Dave_Hay@novaload.org.uk

Anonymous
30-05-01, 10:55 PM
its hpi checked as a gsi lump everything in it is gsi so just cos its got no central locking is a ringer not just broken or replaced?

Anonymous
30-05-01, 10:57 PM
i meant full mark for petrol needle

Anonymous
30-05-01, 10:58 PM
i meant full mark for petrol needle

Anonymous
31-05-01, 12:49 AM
Lmao. Thats no problem (the petty Marker) When i fill my Tank(SRi) It goes well past the full mark. If it ain't got a full tank then it might need a new petrol sender. Get someone who knows the cars to have a look at it because it does sound suspect!
Mingle

Novaload Day in court coming soon :)

Anonymous
31-05-01, 02:20 AM
Dodgy.....it SHOULD have central locking...something is not right somewhere!

www.novabug.co.uk

Anonymous
31-05-01, 09:01 AM
so the car is fine apart from petrol needle whch i asume could be a stuck needle or a dodgy sender could the central ocking not just be broken somewhere down the line

Anonymous
31-05-01, 09:18 AM
anyway the answer to your question is about ?25 for the motor, you might need a new solenoid as well but they aren't expensive.

Never be afraid to try anything new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals built the Titanic !

Anonymous
31-05-01, 09:23 AM
Nah mate, just do a DIY MICKY special with the volvo central locking like i, and many others have done. Only ?10 for locking solenoids;)

Anonymous
31-05-01, 09:43 AM
stick your hand under the passenger side shelf and check the central locking relay is in place

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---

Anonymous
31-05-01, 05:25 PM
The relay will be there as its the one that the electric windows also use, and it sounds like the car already has leccy windows??
Maybe its that the car has got central locking, its just that one of the solenoids is broken or one of the wires has come loose??

Anonymous
31-05-01, 05:35 PM
nahh the electric windows don't have a relay that box is just for central locking it might be missing or busted

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---

Anonymous
31-05-01, 10:20 PM
my mate just bought a SRi and he thought it didn't have central locking. When he took off the door card to check he found that the cables were shorting out on the door. strip them back and re-connect and jobs a good un'