PDA

View Full Version : Wrap around gte spoiler??

Nobby
08-12-06, 05:45 PM
right my on going strip down and respray is starting to get running but i was speaking to the chap in the bodyshop who is going to spray it and he said that you cant really spray these spoilers as the finish will be ****?? so whats the deal with the original gte 1s?? because im sure they are colour coded?? cheers:thumb:

Lee
08-12-06, 05:49 PM
The finish will only be crap if he cant be ****d to prep them properly.

Nobby
08-12-06, 05:52 PM
lol but i work next door so i am helping it to be preped lol but its rubber?? so how can you rub it down but tbh i have preped 1 before and it came out all matty :S

Jack
08-12-06, 05:52 PM
The SR ones were a kinda rubbery plastic, were the GTE ones the same, or GRP stuff?

Lee
08-12-06, 05:57 PM
Ahh right. Sorry, im not au-fais with this weird MK1 stuff lol.

Obviously GRP wasnt invented in those days lol

Hunt around, you may be able to find a fiberglass one, i know you can get fiberglass GSi spoilers...

Nobby
08-12-06, 06:01 PM
tutut mk1 is the way forward!! i dont know wheather i prefere the gsi :S i need a gte front bumper asap!!

Novasport
08-12-06, 09:53 PM
The GTE ones come pre-primed when new but not sure if they a different material. Try getting a GTE one then repaint it.
Remember if you just use a grey one there are two different colours, 83-87 is grey and 87-90 is blue/grey.

lee coley
08-12-06, 09:59 PM
there the same as sr's

rubbery sponge

red scotch to key the paint and some plastic primer on it and 2k high build with plastic additive t stop it crackin.
then rub down n paint as normal with a bit of addative in ya laquer or paint if ya doin it solid colour direct gloss!

lee 16v
08-12-06, 10:16 PM
as yoza said

but i cant see why there think they cant get a good fin i think there just being lazy

lee coley
08-12-06, 10:19 PM
yep cant be ****d wi novas most people.