PDA

View Full Version : mk2 bits and bobs into a mk1

ive_had_a_novadose
08-12-06, 02:48 PM
hey all i was wundering ive got a mk2 1991 SR and a mk1 1988 merit can i transfer the electric windows and centrel locking from the mk2 into the mk1 just by transfering the wires over or will the doors off ya mk2 have to be fitted aswell as the wires also if anyone knows can the mk2 dash be straight fitted into a mk1 i hate not having a rev counter :mad: lol if anybody can help that would be great thanks.

Jack
08-12-06, 05:47 PM
Take the whole complete dash across :D I think the SR/GTE/GSi etc dials have a 14 pin connector whilst poverty spec ones have only a 12 pin connector - or is it mk1/mk2... something like that lol

Central locking will go across, but you'll need to drill a hole in the door and frame for the wires. Also wise to use some form of trunking and grommets - I used Fiesta trunking found on the roof to tailgate for my nova's central locking loom.

Not sure about the electric windows, but I'm sure someone else can answer that one.

Lee
08-12-06, 05:53 PM
Electric windows are much of the same, drill the rivets out holding the mechanism on, and swap them over by re- riveting or using nuts/bolts. Then its just a case of dragging the control box, loom and switches across and giving it a switched live.