PDA

View Full Version : mk2 into mk1?

Dave.
07-12-06, 09:30 PM
can you convert a mk2 nova into a mk1? and if so can the this front bumper and valance trim be applied?
thx
dave

novacabrio
07-12-06, 09:37 PM
yes it can all be done, basicly the oposite to doing a face lift

Dave.
07-12-06, 09:41 PM
thanks
ive been told i need wings headlights bumoer grill and bonnet that right?
i was abit unsure about the bonnet as they look the same

Philsutton
07-12-06, 09:43 PM
bonnets are the same apart from the badge on the front, mk2 has a plastic badge on and thus has holes in the bonnet while the mk1 is just a sticker.

Jack
07-12-06, 09:48 PM
and if so can the this front bumper and valance trim be applied?
What bumper and valance trim? lol

Keep it Mk2 :p

Novadex
07-12-06, 10:44 PM
bonnets are the same apart from the badge on the front, mk2 has a plastic badge on and thus has holes in the bonnet while the mk1 is just a sticker.

thanks for that, i have them stupid holes in mine! so ill be on my way to get a mk1 bumper then! :thumb:

lee 16v
08-12-06, 10:11 AM
why would you want to do that people will think its had a smash or something, and the mk2 looks nice with a gsi bumper.

here is a pic of my sri 16v

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c170/lee216v/Image000.jpg

L14MNP
08-12-06, 01:02 PM
I've just converted my mk2 to a mk1, looks awesome with the early SR bumper and orange front indicators imo :D - There's too many mk2's!

Matt2107
08-12-06, 01:12 PM
why would you want to do that people will think its had a smash or something, and the mk2 looks nice with a gsi bumper.

In your opinion... I'm with L14MNP on this one.
Far too many Mk2s around.

L14MNP
08-12-06, 01:22 PM
Yeah 10 years ago it was the done thing to mk2 a mk1, but now all Novas are retro, so I want the oldest looking one so it stands out from all the other non nova rounded ****3 on the roads, tbh mate people won't think he's had a smash, they'll either (if they know/care enough) think wow a mk1 nova - there's rare, or cool he's mk1'd a mk2 nova (imo)
plus you can always chop and change, only need a spare pair of wings, lights and bumper - I am getting a mk1 sr rear bumper for mine too and adding a gte diffuser
BTW Matt - looks like some canny work going into your GTE mate - I can't send PM's for some ghey reason! - Should look well finished when complete :thumb:

Matt2107
08-12-06, 01:33 PM
BTW Matt - looks like some canny work going into your GTE mate - I can't send PM's for some ghey reason! - Should look well finished when complete :thumb:

It's taking fooking ages.

Spent some time extending the wires on my xbox last night so the switch panel sits in the centre console. ;)

As for your pm's... leave a thread in General for the attention of Kev, Ian or Dan... hopefully they'll sort it out for you.

L14MNP
08-12-06, 01:46 PM
It's taking fooking ages.

Spent some time extending the wires on my xbox last night so the switch panel sits in the centre console. ;)

I hope that's a mk1 xbox running uprated hdd and xbmc matey? :D

I have one but haven't extended the wires yet, was sweet as in the car though :)

You may know this one dude! I want to move the DVD drive to the front of the car and ideally leave the hdd etc in the boot, is it only possible to extend the ide? cable so far before I start getting data read errors?
This is the main thing stopping me from canabalising my xbox atm! :thumb:

Matt2107
08-12-06, 02:08 PM
I hope that's a mk1 xbox running uprated hdd and xbmc matey? :D

I have one but haven't extended the wires yet, was sweet as in the car though :)

You may know this one dude! I want to move the DVD drive to the front of the car and ideally leave the hdd etc in the boot, is it only possible to extend the ide? cable so far before I start getting data read errors?
This is the main thing stopping me from canabalising my xbox atm! :thumb:

Its a boggo standard one in clear... lol
I'm not 100% how long you can have the cable before it'll start giving errors. I'm pretty sure you can buy up to about 90cm... but that won't be long enough to reach the front.

Extending the switch wires is a complete *******.. the wires are extremely small gauge and there isnt any room for error as they are quite short.

Will post some proper pics soon.

lee 16v
08-12-06, 04:25 PM
well why not just get a mk1, there is some mint ones about, iv got a not far off mint sr 16v, couse of the reason that everyone has mk2 novas

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c170/lee216v/media.jpg