PDA

View Full Version : metal bung filler

leebo
07-12-06, 09:06 PM
Hey, i mind seeing on ebay lazer cut circles od metal to fill the holes in the floor of the nova but for the life of me i cant find them now. dose anyone what there called? would save me trying to get them made somwhere or cuttin them myslf and makin a mess of things lol, cheers

Matt2107
08-12-06, 10:57 AM
Those holes are there for a reason ;)

craig green
08-12-06, 12:07 PM
Yeah to let the zinc oxide/rust proofing stuff drain out whenb the shell was built. Also if you ditch it, you could punch them out in order to drain the car.

Ive still got mine from my H Hockley kit. If I can find them, I would sell you them.

CG

Adam
08-12-06, 02:01 PM
Those holes are there for a reason ;)
Yeah to help rust the car,Lol.
Moisture just collects around the plastic cap things and rots the metal surrounding it.

leebo
31-01-07, 09:15 PM
hey, whats the hole on the back seat for? its about 100mm accross from memmory, can it be filled over just? or is it for access to somehtin in other models? cheers, lee

Adam
31-01-07, 09:18 PM
Access to intank fuel pump.

Lee
31-01-07, 09:19 PM
access to the internal pump, normally on SPi models, so yeah, you can just cover it if yours isnt doesnt have one (or even if it does, you just wont beable to get at the pump without dropping the tank lol)

As for the metal discs, id leave at least one drain plug each side, but IMO its not worth doing anyway.