PDA

View Full Version : respray?

sri_boi
06-12-06, 07:24 AM
just wondering how much on average a respray would be, eg just a blow over and full spray, in red, black, mint green (fearless). cheers

Welsh Dan
06-12-06, 08:15 AM
circa 1k+ for a 'good' one.

sri_boi
06-12-06, 12:17 PM
oh right didnt think it was that steep just for standard colour...."gulp"

Matt2107
06-12-06, 12:47 PM
You get what you pay for.

A good respray is in the prep not the acutal painting.
You may find someone that will do it for ?500 but dont expect the finish to be very good.

Better to save up a bit longer and take it somewhere where you know will do a top class job even if it costs double.

As for paying for it.... thats what a bank loan is for ;) or start pimping your mom?

L14MNP
06-12-06, 12:48 PM
Yeah, it will be around a grand unless you have a contact who will do you mates rates, you can always make the job cheaper by stripping/prepping (if you know what you're doing) or masking the car up though!
A lad I know sprays for Porsche/Ferrari etc in a prestige dealers, and he does work on the side but has no premises, so if you can hire a booth and then get a good painter (and assist him) that should work out OK too IMO

BTW Matt: why'd you always type MOM? lol

sri_boi
06-12-06, 01:56 PM
anybody local to me? westmidlands area that are good and cheapish!

Matt2107
06-12-06, 02:02 PM
BTW Matt: why'd you always type MOM? lol

Dunno really.... Mum sounds a bit like Bum?????

Stuart
06-12-06, 04:02 PM
"fancy" colours (or non standard) arent that much more cash to buy in.... ie gay ST orange is no more expensive than glazier white per litre... its the prep work that costs ;)

Adam
06-12-06, 06:22 PM
Prep it yourself.

Altho most bodyshops wont work on a car that you've prepped yourself...

NOV4_SPORT
06-12-06, 07:00 PM
you get what you pay for with re-sprays, its all down to the prep work really, propably pay ?1,000+ for a good job, you dont want it looking ****, and then you have to get it done again, costing you even more money !

Nobby
06-12-06, 11:47 PM
lol jayd as they have sed you get what you pay for unless you do it yourself im starting to prep mine soon but i only have my arches to do and 1 dent in the door so its all good!!

Matt2107
07-12-06, 12:19 PM
Prep it yourself.

Altho most bodyshops wont work on a car that you've prepped yourself...

Most will work on it but will go over it again so IMO its pointless.
Taking engines/windows/interior out should save you a bit of money but you need to be happy with the fact that you may damage the paint work if your careless when your putting them back in.

I'd rather save up the extra cash and lret them worry about that.

L14MNP
07-12-06, 12:57 PM
I sent my primera away as a rolling shell for two reasons, so I got a proper job on the paintwork, ie everything covered and a the other reason is, I don't trust other people removing my engine (whast the chances of it going back in without 1 crossed bolt or trapped wire etc) plus, no-one gets their hands on my interior - these are the places that you may not notice damaged for a while after, and when you do, it's very ulinkely the bodyshop will admit it was their doing!
As for Nova's, they couldn't be simpler to strip/rebuild so I would have no issues doing that for a spray job, you just have to be careful putting it back together, but then you know it's done right! imo