PDA

View Full Version : Smoking Ban

Dod
05-12-06, 09:29 PM
What you lot think? We've had it here for a few years now and its ****ing class. I myself smoke like a ****ed Diesel on a nights beering andd i think its deadly. No smell of Ciggies on top of the booze, spilled Curry Chips and Vomit. And you get to talk random bollox to folk you dont know in the smoking areas.

Kinky Monza
05-12-06, 09:34 PM
Erm, i don't smoke in my house, but i do like having a ciggie when on the rare occasion i have a night out drinking, so from a mothers point of view, i'd say ban it in pubs, and the like, but on the other hand, i say don't!
If it was a choice of me or my daughter, she wins, no contest!

Stanley
05-12-06, 09:41 PM
Im a non-smoker from scotland and weve had the ban for a while now and i have to say its fooking great!

you dont come home, after a night of boozing, reekin of fags and you dont choke on other folks smoke very 5 mins.

tiz great - in full support of it!:thumb:

rc
05-12-06, 10:04 PM
yep non smoker here aswell, bring it on :)

Christ
05-12-06, 10:08 PM
Only down side is instead of going to clubs/gigs and them stinking of stale fags it stinks like BO, depends what kind of places you go to though.

Rob
05-12-06, 10:10 PM
well i,m on 20 a day and about 30 in a night when out drinkin it kinda gets routine drink,fag,drink,fag,drink.Left hand is for the pint and the right is for a Fag so now what am i ment to do drink 2 pints at once :lol:

scott.parker
05-12-06, 10:14 PM
Well i dont smoke,but im not fussed if others do as long as its not in my face..

Saying that though it was good not to have to inhale the crap when me and my mates hit dublin last year on a stagg doo.

Scott

Asa-James
05-12-06, 10:14 PM
dont, just proudly display your manhoood with the other!

Mark330d
05-12-06, 10:18 PM
I dont smoke so i find it better that i dont go home smelling of fags.

And btw dod out of curiosity what part of donegal are you from? Anywhere near gweedore or dungloe?

Dod
05-12-06, 10:32 PM
Just over the Road from there mate, why do you ask??

PS, Scott? Dublin is Gash!!! You wanna try somewhere in the North west, Donegal, Sligo or Galway, lots of nicer friendlier English Speaking folk.

Jack
05-12-06, 10:47 PM
Don't smoke myself, have been known to on the odd occasion though. Don't mind people smoking, its up to them, I can just think of better things to spend my money on lol

Novadex
05-12-06, 10:52 PM
i smoke, but i like the idea. for the reasons you say and because it will be easyer to quit...

Mark330d
05-12-06, 10:55 PM
Just wondering, i was over there for the whole summer, was a complete riot. The Guardai didnt seem to share my sense of humour though:( There isnt that many nice vauxhalls about there though:(

Stuart
06-12-06, 07:57 AM
i love the pubs that already ban it here... ive noticed hangovers are a lot more bearable when im not sitting there stinking of someone elses smoke lol

stuartp
06-12-06, 09:23 AM
i quit 9months ago so i think its a good idea, even if i still smaoked it would help me give up!!!!

Matt2107
06-12-06, 10:07 AM
I dont smoke but if someone is smoking in my face I WILL tell them to **** off somewhere else and do it.... I dont want to die of lung cancer thanks very much!

Should be banned in ALL public places... even outside in the street.

Welsh Dan
06-12-06, 10:53 AM
I think its a filthy habit and smokers should only be allowed to smoke in their own house/car/caravan or the smoking shelter at work.

Matt2107
06-12-06, 01:00 PM
I think its a filthy habit and smokers should only be allowed to smoke in their own house/car/caravan or the smoking shelter at work.

Exactly!

Dod
06-12-06, 04:06 PM
Just wondering, i was over there for the whole summer, was a complete riot. The Guardai didnt seem to share my sense of humour though:( There isnt that many nice vauxhalls about there though:(

You're lucky, the Gardi have been know to kill people they dont like and frame it on different people, you ever hear about the Man in Dungloe that was cut from hit chin to his chest and they shot with a Cross bow??

And as for the Nice Vauxhalls, they only come out the odd time, have you seen the shape of the roads??

So, all in all, the smoking ban ROCKS!!!

draper
06-12-06, 05:51 PM
i gonna hate the smoking ban and i dont smoke - when someone has a fag in the pub normally everyone else has 1 (im the only non-smoker in my group!!) so while evryones outside ill be sat all alone :(

suppose itll be easeir to get to the bar lol although do people have to pay twice when the nip out for a fag in a club ??

dannyb
06-12-06, 06:10 PM
I smoke but Im not really upset by the ban, the spoons in Bognor already has a smoking area thats always packed so Im used to upping and leaving to go outside! I dont like it when people smoke in a restuarant though, especially if the foods really good!

stuartp
06-12-06, 07:05 PM
good point draper!! whats every one gonna do who cue 25min in the cold then have 5 min inside then go for a fag!!

Mark330d
06-12-06, 07:08 PM
You're lucky, the Gardi have been know to kill people they dont like and frame it on different people, you ever hear about the Man in Dungloe that was cut from hit chin to his chest and they shot with a Cross bow??

And as for the Nice Vauxhalls, they only come out the odd time, have you seen the shape of the roads??

So, all in all, the smoking ban ROCKS!!!

yup, the road up bu erigal is good though. id love to rally round that road.

Dod
06-12-06, 08:14 PM
He he he, we do it regularly!!

Matt2107
07-12-06, 10:55 AM
good point draper!! whats every one gonna do who cue 25min in the cold then have 5 min inside then go for a fag!!

Realise that they will more than likely live longer when they decide they don't want to pay twice. :thumb:

Jack
07-12-06, 11:07 AM
I remember there being a big fuss at Westlands when they came up with the site wide smoking ban. You weren't even allowed to smoke in the car parks or by the gates (as crowds of staff standing round smoking looked naff to the visiting suits). So smokers had to go further afield for their drags... which meant smoking breaks were lasting around 15-20 mins a time. The non-smoking workers then complained as these smokers were getting paid to disappear for 20 mins to smoke, so they wanted additional paid breaks in the day; and the smokers were complaining because the company was infringing their human rights in some way by making them walk so far for a smoke... :roll:

Matt2107
07-12-06, 11:12 AM
When I worked for Parcelforce I used to sit back and put my feet up when everyone went for a smoke...

Although there was one fat lazy bint who would turn up 15 mins late, switch on her computer then go for a 20 min fag before acutally doing any work. PLus all her breaks during the day.

We added up once that she took on average 2 hours a day on fag breaks.

dannyb
07-12-06, 11:33 AM
We added up once that she took on average 2 hours a day on fag breaks.

she sounds mint.....lol

Matt2107
07-12-06, 11:37 AM
I got her sacked in the end.... she tried to get me in trouble because i type too fast.... teach her to **** with me.

draper
07-12-06, 05:41 PM
i used to have similar probs with smoking breaks,when ALL the lads and the engineer used to go for a fag he used to try and give me something to do while they was away (cant really smoke in plant rooms), me being me object so i was then allowed fresh air breaks lol

Markyc
07-12-06, 05:47 PM
i love the no smoking ban think its great n on the topic of people having fag breaks my take on things non smokes get to go home 2 hours early on a friday!! lol lol lol