PDA

View Full Version : Starting to loose interest...

Dod
05-12-06, 08:41 PM
...in the Novas. I have no time to work at them due to this stupid ****ing house i'm building and its a real Pity cuz i gathered so much stuff for them. Group A SS Exhausts, Irmischer Quad Lights, GTE and GSI Bumpers, 2 sets of Comps, Manta 400 Mirrors etc etc etc etc.

Anyway, i took the notion that if i did sell the Novas i'd buy a Series 1 RS Turbo or a Mk3 XR3/3i. They are as simple as to convert to RWD and look ACE with the RST Kit and finished in Black.

What notions have you lot been thinking on in your darkest hours??

dannyb
05-12-06, 08:56 PM
H reg Audi 80, dropped 80mm on wide 15 inch steelies, standard bodywork, but de badged and de bump stripped. All painted satin black with the deutche plates and a black leather interior.
Warm in the winter, not rattly, seats 4 in comfort, not rusty and easy to get parts for from German and Swedish. Probably cost about a grand to do if I sprayed it myself (satin black hides a multitude of sins too :))

Asa-James
05-12-06, 09:14 PM
dont do it! just get one little job done on it this weekend and you'l be satisfied for a while, but whatever you do DON'T BIN THE NOVA!

Dod
05-12-06, 09:16 PM
Well, if i was offered the right money for the lot.....

Kinky Monza
05-12-06, 09:28 PM
Babe, i think you're mad!!! if i was in your position, i'd keep all of them, and get your house finished, then kick on with the cars! no point having too many things on the go, you'll burn yourself out!

My Nova's taken the back seat til i get my house finished, don't be too hasty!!!

nov4801
05-12-06, 09:36 PM
only had my gsi a week when it all went wrong, spent ?900 on engine work within the first month tryin to repair it and at the time i wanted to just get rid but stuck with it now im loving it, so dont get rid mate u will only regret it and end up buyin another one lolthought about a mk2 golf gti which iwas gunna swap for my nova

Dod
05-12-06, 09:48 PM
LOL, i have a MK1 GTI Golf and 2 MK 1 Jettas!!!

BigStan
06-12-06, 05:41 PM
Dont do it, i have felt like that but just as said before when you get something done and you know its good you feel so much better about it !

Dod
06-12-06, 08:20 PM
Still unconvinced, but they can sit in my garage, not as if they are costing me anything in there.....

Ricky G
06-12-06, 09:57 PM
just make sure it doesnt rust in the garage. i sold a solid nova just over a year ago and it went into a garage at the back of someone's house. i then went back to it last saturday to buy it back thinking it would still be solid and its gone real bad for some reason. i thought with it being in a garage all the time it wouldnt rot. i was wrong.

Jack
06-12-06, 11:19 PM
Damp car + dry garage = rust... can be worse than leaving it outside in the rain!

Lucky Luke!
07-12-06, 04:57 PM
If you look back through my threads just over 2 months ago i was talking about jacking the nova project in and getting summat else. 2 months later i drive my lovely nova, learnt a few skills on the way and am SO glad i didnt get rid of it!

Kinky Monza
07-12-06, 06:21 PM
Dod will NEVER sell his Novas! if he does, then something will have gone seriously wrong!