PDA

View Full Version : discussion

doherty
04-12-06, 01:41 AM
right well i have this on another forum an wanted to know wat yous think...

if you had a nova with a 1lt pushrod engine an a honduh with a b16 engine an you held them both flat witch would give up the ghost first??

ive been sayin pishrod as i know they are 1 tough son of a female dog..an would bend a rod before it would die...

answers on a postcard:thumb:

RobMarriott
04-12-06, 02:26 AM
the Ford CVH, IMO.

draper
04-12-06, 02:48 AM
my monies on the liner

draper
04-12-06, 02:50 AM
answers on a postcard:thumb:

should they be self addressed ???

Lynsey
04-12-06, 02:51 AM
Hmmmm self addressed eh? I wondered why Bluepeter kept sending mine back...

draper
04-12-06, 02:55 AM
shat it !!

Ash
04-12-06, 02:09 PM
i recon the honda, it's the same as a rover k-series and we all know they blow up for a past time

A

Stuart
04-12-06, 02:15 PM
id be more inclined to learn english before working out which engine would fail first.

Its all subjective.....
How new/old would the engines be, how well maintained are they, what state of tune would they both be at, would they have the same cooling system/engine bay to make it a fair test etc...

is the flat out unloaded or under load?
Lots of variables to try and guess...

Chris
04-12-06, 03:52 PM
what a crap discussion.

If they were unloaded then the Honda would outlast the pushrod, pushrod will rev til it blows and the honda will hit the limiter. If loaded and driven flat out I would imagine the outcome will still be the same (Honda lasts longer), it is known that Honda build the most reliable engines in the world (and generally the most powerful engines). The pushrod engine was designed god knows when but only designed for popping down to the shops and back, not going flat out.

Chris

Stoo
04-12-06, 03:54 PM
Honda have made over 15 million VTEC units to date and only one has ever failed!!

Sure lots have failed due to neglect but not through mechanincal/manufacture fault!

doherty
04-12-06, 05:52 PM
ok umm yous boys go wile far indepthlol

right the cars aint moving... flat meanin sittin on the spot with foot planted to the floor..i no the pishrod hasnt got a limiter(down factor)

an say both engines have same milage an have been serviced at the same intervils*

an just so yous know this all started over a drink fueled winde up to a honda owner..who got quite annoyed lol lol

an jus wanted to know wat yous boys think on the situation:thumb:

Stuart
04-12-06, 06:01 PM
bye bye....