PDA

View Full Version : CAR NOT TURNING OFF????

Anonymous
23-05-01, 04:55 PM
ive go a prob when i got to turn my car off it wont turn of basically i can turn the key and pull it out and it still keeps running and i can drive with no keys ive changed the ignition switch behing the barrel and it was fine for bout a week then 2day at collage it did it again i went to turn my car off and it wouldnt any1 got any ideas wat it could b or has any1 else ad this prob help its doin my head in now cheers

Anonymous
23-05-01, 05:10 PM
if you pi55 around with the hazard warning switch (you know what I mean) and take your key out it when the engine is running it carries on running. don't know if this is the casue f your problems but its the only time I have ever heard of that happening.

count to 10, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,10. You cooked her 9's !!!!!

Anonymous
23-05-01, 05:23 PM
running on then hmmm is that timing that needs set or mixture? cant remmeber :D cos u have excess left in engine when it should be put out the exhaust. so it keeps going when keys taken out.
hope this helps prob wont like :D

[-dave_hay.jpg-]
Dave_Hay@novaload.org.uk

Anonymous
23-05-01, 05:27 PM
its not like pre ignition i can still carry on driving when they keys are out it does over run the turn off it continues like the keys are in

Anonymous
23-05-01, 05:49 PM
Mine did that but touch wood it hasnt done it since. I havent a clue what it was! but it was weird. It was raining really hard so i put in done to that. It sounds silly but its the only thing i could think of.

Anonymous
23-05-01, 10:04 PM
have you recently rewired your sterero coz i put my red and yellow wires around the wrong way and you dont need the keys to start it just push and go its that or i cant get the stereo to remember the presets and that pisses me off to much

Anonymous
24-05-01, 09:29 PM
u sure timing is rite? u changed spark plugs?
from my bookie here it says it could also be inlet manifold leak, dodgy cooling system and incorrect valve clearences.
so u bet be hoping a new set of spark plugs helps d problem :D
ps this aint taken from haynes manual.

[-dave_hay.jpg-]
Dave_Hay@novaload.org.uk

Anonymous
26-05-01, 09:42 AM
i reckon its theres a dodgy wire somewhere and the live is touchin somin and sometimes a constant live is running throught to the ignition so its keepin the car goin

Anonymous
26-05-01, 09:44 AM
also i know when its not goin to turn off cause when i turn the ignition on and the batt light dont come on i know the car wont turn off but when i turn the ignition and the batt light does come on it will turn off every time its gotta b and electrical fault somewhere its not doin it at the mo but im sure it will start to do it again bugger!!!x-(