PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Diagram for a 1.6i GTE....

Anonymous
25-05-01, 12:35 AM
Hey guys,

Can anyone help me im after a wiring diagram for a nova GTE engine, i have the hole loom for the gte and dont want to use it all so if any one can help me with what the wire's i need or has the diagram could you please email it too me

Cheers

adam

Anonymous
25-05-01, 09:22 AM
wiring diagrams in the back of the haynes
if your fitting a 2.0 16v etc engine a non injection loom is better

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---

Anonymous
25-05-01, 10:59 AM
Ok, u only need the engine loom, but if u have the plug from the main loom it comes in handy!
From the plug (to the main loom) cut as much as possible off the thich red (+ve feed) the green (speedo) and the black. O bugger, i have forgot wot im on about, ill go n look in a sec and let u know, but its easy anyways. Only 3 cables! O, and the 2 for the fuel pump relay!
D1cko

Anonymous
25-05-01, 01:24 PM
ecu light if fitted brown/blue

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---

Anonymous
25-05-01, 01:36 PM
Agh, got it now, thin black and thin green, fookoff thick red, and red/blue for fuel pump relay, just strip down the main loom, get a good strip of each, if u cant b assed then just cur off a few cm and use a junction block as i did, but ur best not doing this for the main power ! I soldered the main power onto the live for the starter motor. I connected the fuel pump relay live to a 15amp fuse then ran it along the bottom of the doors with my speaker cables and drilled a hole above the pump in the boot! The negative was just connected to my sub-amp negative lead!

The other 2 just go to the coil!
Easy job, there u go.