PDA

View Full Version : Cam change now running rough?

Rich
02-12-06, 05:49 PM
Put a kent cam (NVO62) into a c14se today and cars now running very rough, cuts out if revs are allowed to drop. Been trying to adjust the idle but it still went back to around 800 - 900rpm. Timing is fine, its also overfuelling? Do i just need to set it so the idle is higher, around 1000 ish or is there anything else i can try?

I have a code for lean exhaust on tech 1, i know i need a new o2 sensor i also have the code for 02 open circuit but its been like that for a month or 2.

Thanks for any help/ideas.

Adam
02-12-06, 06:04 PM
Its not going to idle very well on std management, although it shouldn't be too bad at all as its quite a mild cam.

Check the cam timing is spot on, also check ignition timing and HT leads are on in the right order.

How are you adjusting the idle? Is there a throttle stop screw on the throttle body?

Rich
02-12-06, 06:32 PM
Timing was def ok, dont think i can adjust the ignition timing as its the later se engine with the coil pack?

The idle was adjusted with a screw on the throttle housing, it didnt work so i tried adjusting it with tech 1 and it still wouldnt idle where i wanted it. But surely it wouldnt be overfuelling because of the idle speed?

Adam
02-12-06, 06:49 PM
Hmm, it should run and idle ok with that cam in...

The lambda wouldn't cause overfueling at idle.