PDA

View Full Version : To Xe Or Not To Xe Thats The Question

saloonwoody
02-12-06, 07:39 AM
:confused: was gonna drop an xe in my 2 door saloon but now cant decide whether to lob a nova gte engine n box in instead ??? HHHHEEEEEEELLLLLPPPPPPP:confused:

Rob
02-12-06, 07:43 AM
go for the xe you no you want to if you dont you,ll only regret not doing it.

Martin
02-12-06, 11:18 AM
Small Blocks Rule!

Stoo
02-12-06, 11:22 AM
Im torn as i have a small and a big block nova!

Cant beat an XE for the pure power and speed

BUT

Cant beat the small block handling! Tune the 1600 up to GRPA Spec and itll catch XEs

draper
02-12-06, 12:47 PM
Im torn as i have a small and a big block nova!

Cant beat an XE for the pure power and speed

BUT

Cant beat the small block handling! Tune the 1600 up to GRPA Spec and itll catch XEs

itll catch standard XEs !!

go for the XE, pound per brake you cant beat em

Stoo
02-12-06, 01:13 PM
??? Per BHP you cannot beat an XE! FACT

However

I know for a FACT a standard 1.6 8v GTE engined nova, beats a certain XE Nova thats tuned slightly around silverstone (Chris Vs Sean (SRS1))

Thats down to handling, pure and simple!! Plus chris can DRIVE!

draper
02-12-06, 01:21 PM
i agree with you stu, i capable driver in a "small" block could hold it with the "big" block boys BUT put the same driver in a big block and he'll drive faster

Stoo
02-12-06, 02:16 PM
Swings and roundabouts matey!

Both have pros and cons!

savs_redtop
02-12-06, 05:37 PM
XE all the way! ive converted mine from a 1.6 8v which was great fun to drive and was quick but the power you get from a XE is amazin, you wont regret it :thumb:

Mike
02-12-06, 05:43 PM
Small Blocks Rule!

nah!! Ive been playing with small blocks for 3 years!! There fun down the lanes, but boring on the motorway as your relegated to 120-/+mph

XE is the way forward im afraid

saloonwoody
03-12-06, 08:30 AM
yea i think its gonna be xe like my last one its just at the mo with its whole 1 litre of power the handling is phenominal and after drivin my mates xe'd nova last week i really noticed the difference between them ??? ah bugger it iv got all the bits for an xe conversion anyways f@#k it im goin for it VALVERS ALL THE WAY WOO HOO !!!!!!!!!