PDA

View Full Version : Transplant

Anonymous
30-04-01, 09:20 PM
Can anyone help me. I am thinking about taking my 2.0 16 valve engine out and putting a turbo 2.0 16 valve one in. I know i need the ecu loom and all the ancillaries, but is it just a bolt in job. I bet it isnt has anyone done this. Any help would be great, Thanks:D

Anonymous
30-04-01, 11:52 PM
Just as easy as the original transplant apparently. Rad need moving forward slightly, but its an easy job.

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)\

Whoopass! :D

Anonymous
01-05-01, 07:57 AM
I think you may have a few probs, the main one is like MC says making enough room to get the turbo and rad in, also the intercooler or charge cooler, and if you keep the 6 speed box you need to remount the engine at an angle so it clears the stearing rack, in addition they seem to have problems with overheating. Iv'e seen twin rads used or try a big carlton one and twin fans? I'll try to e mail you some pic I have. Big Bonnet vents might be an idea.

"Theres something missing, I'm not all there, Theres something missing".

Anonymous
01-05-01, 05:31 PM
Why not go to throttle bodies instead. I've seen one thats rated at 220hp with no hassle and 35mpg :)

Anonymous
01-05-01, 06:19 PM
I have been looking at throttle bodies as well. The QED ones which bolt straight to the head because there isnt a lot of room in there. I really want to have a look at both conversions, and see the differences. The turbo is big power straight away and i can take it to 300bhp which would mean i could waste pretty much everything in a straight line. But i dont know anyone with a throttle bodied nova or a turbo one willing to take me out in it, this is the only way i'll decide. Any offers:D

Anonymous
01-05-01, 07:59 PM
brett from png reg 2 has throttle bodies and beat the turbos at max nova v corsa day
i know theres a turbo that goes the midlands png meets too.

1 cup down 2 to go!

Anonymous
02-05-01, 08:50 PM
Yeah but i want to see the differences, I suppose i'll have to go to courtney. They said they would take me out in both when they have them in and i could decide from that.:D

Anonymous
02-05-01, 10:31 PM
Dont do a turbo m8. There`s one I know of thats runnin 230bhp, but can only do 0-60 in 7.4 secs and thats speed I could live with in my 1.4. I say "could" its in pieces at the mo.

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)\

Whoopass! :D

Anonymous
03-05-01, 07:16 PM
I dont know yet, my sr does 0-60 in 7.4 but thats in the wet with wheelspin. And it was timed. I'm going to have to wait a while until i've got more money and then decide. Cheers for the pictures paul,how about one of the full car mate. What you doing to your SR now MC will it still be a 1400.:D