PDA

View Full Version : Coilovers

Anonymous
30-04-01, 07:39 PM
Ok, I`m sick to death of shitty roads, the PMC kit on my car at the mo is too stiff and I need something a bit softer (poof!). Coilovers are big money ?600+, but are they worth it? Has anyone had anything to do with them? I want to retain the -60 drop or go a bit lower (80`s) may be a bit much on 17`s though. Any comments welcome, cheers :-/

Anonymous
30-04-01, 09:16 PM
Your not going to get good ride quality in a lowered car with low profile tyres, your just going to have to live with it.Coilovers are great, i've got leda ones on my valver and it handles really well which is unsual for a 2.0 nova. Only the front is adjustable for height, camber and then you can stiffen them up with 24 different settings. Ultimate suspension :D

Anonymous
01-05-01, 08:23 AM
Keith for best handling you shold go for about a -30 drop and 14" or 15" wheels. Coil overs are good because you can get replacement springs of diferent rates and lengths fairly cheaply, you could run at -30 normally and then slam it up to -90 for shows etc with the adjustable platforms. But to get coilers on the rear you need to weld in rear turrets, the coils should clear the wheels as your rear axle is 100mm wider isn't it? Not cheap but very nice.

"Theres something missing, I'm not all there, Theres something missing".

Anonymous
01-05-01, 08:50 AM
yeah, my brothers got Avo coilovers on his 2.0l 16v, and one of my m8's has got the same kit on his 2.0l, they both say that it was the best move they made and wouldn't buy any other suspension, you can adjust the damper and the ride height (front only) so you can soften it up if your going on a long journey etc. Avo's kit is appx ?500, money well spent.

Which W4nker made nova's with a 49 offset !!!!!

Anonymous
01-05-01, 06:43 PM
I might as well go for it then, I haven`t widened the rear track yet but i was going to do it anyways so thats not a problem. Cheers for the posts, I`ll have to go rape the piggy bank again!:)

Anonymous
03-05-01, 04:51 PM
coilovers are no where near that much.
dont go and buy coilovers for a nova out of a mag, cos that will cost loads.
if u look in the deemon tweeks motorsport eedition catalouge not the performance shite one. u will find that its got a table with all the different sizes of coilovers, find the one that matches urs, and get them, about 200 quid, then u but yhe springs seperate, again a big table with different rates and all that shit. there only cheap, and if u look round ull find that u can get springsd for coiler overs for as little as 10 each, itll probaly be cheaper to do this than go out and buy a set of spax.

Anonymous
03-05-01, 07:13 PM
Yeah it'll be cheaper but I bought the leda stuff because I wanted one of the best kits, and it works the car sticks like shit to a blanket. It's up to you, go and price them all up and speak tothe bloke who manufacture/ sell this stuff.:D