PDA

View Full Version : if you dont like people moaning dont read this!

ben doodar
01-12-06, 06:05 PM
im super pissed off today i have spent absolutly ages masking and painting my speedlines, i sprayed the spokes black the other week then finally got around to painting the rim silver today.
so i spent all day doing this give them a coat of silver all fine and dandy, another coat they looked spot on, i came bk to give them another coat and they had flipping re-acted i cant begin to tell u how pissed off i am. i really do feel like crying. so now ive gotta flat them down again n its going be a big ball ache flatting the reactions out im fed up, ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Geth
01-12-06, 06:14 PM
Gutted! I know how annoying it is, the same thing happened to me a few months back, although that was something to do lacquer I think. Time to get the contruction paper out and start rubbing the paint off I guess.

stuartp
01-12-06, 06:28 PM
its a Ba****d, it happen to me so if thought F**k it got them shot blasted then powered coating!! just think how nice the'll be when there done:thumb:

ben doodar
01-12-06, 06:37 PM
yh think positive like my dad said when he was looking at them and i was pulling my hair out.

Adam
01-12-06, 06:40 PM
Preperation is the key.

ben doodar
01-12-06, 06:51 PM
yep ur dam rite it is my friend ill be doing lots more off it, quite soon! im gong to spray them plain silver just to make life easyer next time. think they will look better all 1 colour

Adam
01-12-06, 06:57 PM
What colours the car?

Is it a red mk1?

ben doodar
01-12-06, 07:16 PM
no mate its a standard mistral grey gsi,at the moment its got 14" softstars on, and no engine will be out again before xmas we will have to meet up 1 nite 4 a noisey round each others cars. pm me

Nobby
01-12-06, 07:45 PM
ooooo lol i can see how gutted you are chap but its all in the preperation, when i did my cavi wheels i sanded them down then used a rough cloth and then used panel wipe before every coat - dont put the paint on to thick if you see it fuk up will take longer to dry and will be harder 2 rub down again!!:thumb:

Jonlem
02-12-06, 10:49 AM
What are the costs of powder coating some wheels ?

novaboyopr
02-12-06, 12:31 PM
my speedlines did the same when i did them white. i think everything eccept powder coating reacts with them.

Stuart
02-12-06, 01:20 PM
powdercoating generally costs about ?50 a wheel...

i ahd paint react on the shell, i thought it looked quite cool lol

ben doodar
04-12-06, 07:59 PM
well today me and my mate spent all day rubbing the reactions down with a black and decker mouse just the last half of 1 wheel to do. they better not react this time