PDA

View Full Version : SPEEDO

Anonymous
20-05-01, 03:41 PM
after fitting an SR speedo and thinking Im real clever cos the rev counter works,the speedo dont work now,I aint sure if I broke the cable or if I havent fitted it properly,I unbolted it from the gear box to give some slack so I could clip it on properly into the speedo bit,and then bolted the cog bit back into the gearbox,I aint sure how to sort it out now,anyone else know?-I need it sorting somehow

Anonymous
20-05-01, 08:52 PM
did u reroute the cable around the bulkhead plates?

coz if u didnt you prob snapped it at the clocks end.

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
20-05-01, 09:34 PM
is that the one metal bit behind the dash?-if so then yeah,this means a trip to the scrappy,which means I can steal myself a new clock for the dash,and some other gubbins,is there anything else it can be?-how delicate is the cable?

Anonymous
21-05-01, 01:20 AM
It's quite delicate. When I first fitted the 6-clock dash (from a B-reg GL, not an SR but same thing) in my previous Nova, I didn't re-route the speedo cable, and it got bent. It didn't snap, but as I drove, the speedo was noisy 'cos the cable was rubbing inside the kinked casing. I got a new cable from the scrappy, routed it the proper way, and no more noisy speedo.

I could just be that the square end of the speedo cable (at the gear box), has not mated correctly with the connection on the gear box?

www.novabug.co.uk

Anonymous
21-05-01, 09:48 AM
mingles got a spare cable ;-)

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---