PDA

View Full Version : sri coil!!

alan b
28-11-06, 02:06 PM
i just bought a crashed 1992 sri and want to put the engine into my sr, will my coil work because the sri one is missing! is this an easy conversion?

Adam
28-11-06, 03:54 PM
Its not an easy conversion, as you have to either swap the entire car loom(with the engine loom)
Or remove the engine loom from the sri car loom.

The SR coil wont work with the SRi loom.

olidaviesuk
28-11-06, 04:18 PM
easiest way to fit the engine in your car is to strip all the ancilleries off your old SR engine (inluding exhaust and inlet manifolds (im not 100% if the inlet manifold will go straight on, someone on here will know though) then bolt them onto the SRi engine, new engine will need to be the engine with the dizzy though!!! otherwise it WILL turn into a bit of a nightmare and you are far better off taking the loom from the SRi and fitting the lot - you might need to change the fuel tank and pump as well..

If you go down the junking the SRi ecu and loom route you've just found yourself a buyer for the SRi airbox.... ;o)

Adam
28-11-06, 04:21 PM
Yep, you'll need an injection tank and pump.

alan b
29-11-06, 12:42 AM
well as i said the sri is crashed an when stripped will be crushed, so all the loom is mine! my car is originaly a 1.2i, could i just use that car loom an use the sri engine loom? no air box on it mate sory!! which coil will do it then?

olidaviesuk
29-11-06, 12:43 PM
That sounds like your best bet mate, though you may need to upgrade to the 1.4SRi fuel pump, though I doubt there will be any difference, should be just a question of wiring in the SRi engine loom then dropping in the SRi engine, will all its ancilleries, coil etc....

Adam
29-11-06, 01:44 PM
You can keep your 1.2i loom, but that would mean spending hours(and i mean hours) stripping the whole 1.2i engine loom out, and re-wiring the sri one in, lots of cutting, multimeter testing, soldering, taping etc etc.

Yeah you'll need a mpi pump, can get an intank one for the 1.2i tank.

I think the coil for a 1.2i/1.4i engine would work fine with the sri engine, its just the carb ones that are different, cylinder shape etc.

SRI crazy
30-11-06, 12:05 PM
the 1.2i coil is the same coz i changed one onto my sri at a time

LEWI007
06-12-06, 02:20 PM
yes 1.2 coil will be the same

mikey14sr
07-12-06, 02:20 PM
unless the sri lump uses a dis pack.......